Associate Acquisitions Editor
Tax Analysts Falls Church, VA
- Expired: June 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. You can get an idea of our work at .
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- relaxed dress code and pet friendly -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
We are recruiting an Associate Acquisitions Editor to join our Acquisitions and Engagement team.
SUMMARY: The Acquisitions and Engagement team at Tax Analysts has a dual role they manage the visibility of our Tax Notes publications on our digital platforms and assist in managing relationships with our outside authors. They are a small but tight-knit team who make a big impact, producing a podcast, videos, blogs, and newsletters. The Associate Editor reports to the Editor in Chief and is responsible for developing and maintaining a network of outside authors for weekly publications. Solicits and facilitates intake of outside author contributions and other editorial content for publication. Manages payments to outside authors and contributors on a weekly basis. Locates, contacts, and acts as liaison with new columnists and outside authors. Makes requests to columnists and outside authors to cover specific topics and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial objectives.
* Locates and solicits new columnists and outside authors through various forms of internet research and by maximizing the use of social media platforms.
* Works with acquisitions team to ensure regular evaluation and coverage of timely tax topics and send new topic and material requests to outside authors as needed.
* Works with acquisitions team to track metrics used to evaluate current and potential authors, and to ensure efficient allocation of outside author budget.
* Helps administer and maintain outside submissions, including submission inboxes. Responds to internal and external queries regarding commentary content.
* Coordinates with acquisitions editor to help manage special projects, including anniversary, year-in-review, and other long-term articles.
* Manages process to make payments owed to outside authors and works with accounting to ensure prompt remittance.
* Collects, fact-checks, and manages outside author biographies and head shots.
* Coordinates with the permissions editor to manage copyright agreements with outside authors.
* Assists in creating and scheduling social media posts and campaigns.
* Some editing of author submissions and content creation for Coming Soon and crossword puzzle sections in magazine.
* Manages and oversees databases related to outside authors.
* Manages commentary departments editorial and administrative tasks.
* Maintains processes for collecting regular author feedback and addressing minor problems in the publication process.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Superior communication skills
* Superior organization skills
* Ability to establish and maintain rapport with outside authors
* Ability to work well under deadline pressure and adjust to changing priorities
* Familiarity with style guides and online publishing highly desirable
* Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office and Internet searching
* Knowledge of media analytics
* BA in English, writing, or journalism, or equivalent in experience required
* 2+ years of related professional experienced preferred
* Proficiency with using social media platforms
* Experience with database management a plus
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Training & Development
AddressFalls Church, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Tax Analysts