Control Systems Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Taurus, you can expect to be treated like family. That means support in pursuit of your passions, and always feeling like you’re essential. It also means upholding the mission, values, and reputation we’ve built over 35+ years in business—and enjoying the benefits we earn together as leaders in our field. Our mission is to lead our industry by example and be a source of confidence to our customers by solving their toughest challenges in ways that are creative, smart, and lasting.
The Control Systems Project Manager manages and executes instrumentation and controls integration projects within the Controls Group. The main duties of this role are project management, coordination, and documentation.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project management
- Review of technical documents to comprehend the scope, integration requirements, and budget of a project. This includes both internal bid documents and external contract plans and specifications.
- Application of design knowledge and best practices to select the appropriate part numbers for components to satisfy the integration requirements on a variety of project types.
- Communication with customers throughout a project life cycle. This includes emails, phone calls, onsite meetings, etc. as needed to relay both technical and non-technical information about a project’s status.
- Coordination with the CAD department on control panel design and electrical schematics.
- Coordination with Project Assistant and Project Coordinator on the creation and delivery of product data, panel layout, and electrical schematic submittals.
- Obtaining purchase orders and placing material orders.
- Interfacing with our internal panel shop during panel construction. Fielding questions regarding panels.
- Drafting and submitting requests for information (RFIs).
- Identifying, drafting, and submitting change orders utilizing company procedures.
- Maintaining awareness of project budget and project schedule, investigating situations, and implementing corrective measures where needed.
- Communicate job schedule, budget, and any issues with management.
- Project documentation
- Creation of Test Forms.
- Instrument calibration sheets
- Factory acceptance test procedures (FAT)
- Operational readiness test procedures
- Performance verification test procedures
- Creation of control system sequence of operation manuals.
- Maintaining updated field redlines during onsite work.
- Maintaining version control of PLC/HMI/VFD programs.
· Technical/Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Required Experience (3-5 years)
· Familiarity with construction industry and controls integration
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to check own work
· Polished communication skills
· Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with client, contacts, and vendors
· Ability to read and understand P&IDs
· Familiarity with the general workflow of project management (contract plans and specifications, submittals, RFIs, change orders, O&Ms, etc.)
· Familiarity with industry standard documentation deliverables (sequence of operations, Factory Acceptance Tests, Operational Readiness Tests, Commissioning, etc.)
· Familiarity with PLC and HMI Programming
· Familiarity with control panel design and testing. This includes point-to-point testing of control panels and conducting in shop witness FAT tests with the customer
· Familiarity with MCCs / motor control circuits
· Familiarity with Instrumentation setup, calibration, and troubleshooting
· Familiarity with communication networks (ethernet, routers, VPNs, network switch management, etc.)
· Familiarity with radio communication telemetry systems
· Valid Driver’s License with some potential to travel
· Ability to wear hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, and safely navigate the terrain of an industrial jobsite, if needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37.50 - $42.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tualatin, OR 97062: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
Field Service/ Power Services Technician:
Taurus Power & Controls Inc
9999 SW Avery St.Tualatin, OR
Get fresh Manager Project Controls jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.