- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why we have this job:
Tata Consumer Products is the world's second-largest manufacturer and distributor of tea and a major producer of coffee globally. In the US, Eight O’clock Coffee, Tetley Tea and Good Earth Teas brand are household names.
To achieve our ambition of long-term profitable growth we are continuously adapting to excel in customer delivery and engagement and accelerating our program of innovation in the US Region.
This is a key role within the Landover Management team and will be responsible for improving and sustaining world class Manufacturing Maintenance standards, systems and procedures that will drive the necessary activities required to achieve the site’s vision of becoming the ”best in class” in the USA as well as a supplier and employer of choice.
This role will lead a team of mechanics and electricians to achieve high levels of machine up time and product throughput through the proactive utilization of structured Total Productive Maintenance program to maintain the competitiveness of the business in the global marketplace by encouraging and fostering predictive maintenance tools and techniques, including Conditions base monitoring, PPM, RCA MTTF, CMMS, Machinery re-design and CI programs to ensure sustainable and reliable machine performance.
You will be held accountable for:
- Mechanics safety and compliances with all Food safety and health and safety policies and procedures as well as identifying/reporting hazards.
- Supervise, train and mentor an effective maintenance team, through team working, co-operation and communication.
- Lead and conduct Root cause analysis of process/machinery downtime to eliminate re-occurring stoppages and waste materials
- Planning, fulfillment and auditing of all Maintenance work orders and PPM schedules including, recording of stock usage and parts management to delivering an effective Total productive maintenance system on the Landover site.
- Coordinate, identify and delivery of improvement opportunities in line with based key performance indicators to enable continuous improvement with maintenance department.
- Ensure full compliance at all times to all Company Engineering standards, Food Safety, OSHA and company Safety standards and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Functions as primary plant contact for electrical/electronic issues. Provides “on-call” support by responding to phone calls during off hours and handling emergencies in a prompt and effective manner.
- Requires hands-on knowledge of industrial control systems, especially Allen Bradley PLC system troubleshooting, and some programming, Wonderware, RSLogix, Control Logix, and good mechanical aptitude including hydraulic, pneumatic and power transmission.
- Support the development and implement critical parts inventory policy and implementation of effective stock control system, including stock levels and usage.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a CMMS program
- Support successful transition of major Capital Investment Projects into full site operational readiness
- Record and report against key maintenance operational Indicators such as – Machine uptime (machine availability), completion of PPM schedule in time and full, Mean time between failures, Usage levels, stock outs, etc,
- Track and trend machine downtime reason and design/re-design processes/machinery to eliminate root causes.
- Establish, improve and sustain effective engineering change management procedures and policies.
- Establish, improve and sustain a technical library for new and existing machinery and equipment on site.
- Establish, improve and sustain a lean/agile manufacturing and CI culture within the maintenance team.
To be great at this job you will need:
Knowledge/Experience required to do the role:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years relevant experience in a fast-moving consumer products or related manufacturing environment with emphasis on experience with hi-speed packaging equipment and process controls.
- Professional calibre with people-management or training experience gained within a fast-moving, high volume manufacturing/packing environment.
- Results driven with good leadership skills and a hands-on approach.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Proven change agent with a passion for world class manufacturing engineering.
- Proven experience in predictive maintenance tools and techniques, such as Mean time to Failure, Conditions base monitoring, etc.
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Resilient, able to prioritise and work under pressure against tough deadlines.
- Able to challenge the status quo and motivate the teams to constantly strive for improved levels of performance.
- Familiar with modern manufacturing techniques to include Mapping, 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Supply Chain and Manufacturing methodologies.
- Develop continuous improvement culture and lead CI initiatives whilst maintaining day to day operational stability and achievement of business objectives.
- Coaching and development of the maintenance team to ensure ‘buy in’ and asset ownership for the Total productive maintenance, RCA, MTTF, Product Quality, Food Safety and Health & Safety on site.
- Achieving results through the development of people, processes and systems – unlocking and capturing the creativity of a multi-disciplined unionised workforce.
- Striving to achieve world class manufacturing, engineering & safety standards with associated culture change in a demanding environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical/PLC Discipline, or a related technical field, or equivalent.
- Compelling Character, Personal Accountability and Integrity
- 5 years relevant experience in a consumer packaging process-oriented manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding experiences and capabilities.
- Meaningful experience in a high performance, continuous improvement or similar work environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, sustain passion & commitment, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
- Demonstrated conceptualizing, planning and organizing skills a must.
- Proficiency with (PC-based applications - emphasis on Excel & Word)
You will need to be able to influence:
- Head of Operations and Supply CHain
- Senior Manager of Plant Operations
- External Legislative Bodies – Osha, EPA, FDA, etc
Landover Operations team (Production/QA/Engineering)
Tata Consumer Products US
Get fresh Manufacturing Production Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.