Starbird Chicken is looking for upbeat, friendly individuals to join our team! We’re a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by a passionate team member: you!
Starbird has quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport. Our company is growing fast, and we are looking for hospitable, enthusiastic people to join our movement.
We pride ourselves on speedy service, but this isn’t your average fast food joint. We’ve been named a Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2017 and a Top Mover & Shaker by FastCasual.com in 2018. We’ve also won many design awards for our spaces.
Tastes on the Fly is an innovative leader in bringing quality dining experiences to the airport environment. We bring the same high-quality cuisine and service that would rival any street location and we partner with notable restaurateurs and local purveyors.
We are an expanding company with various concepts in several airports nationally and have received numerous accolades for our commitment to providing quality food and impeccable service inside airports. We believe “airport dining” should not be an exception to “excellent dining”.
We seek a team player with previous supervisory experience in the hospitality or retail industry who has demonstrated organization, follow through and team leadership. We offer competitive pay, bonus and a benefits package, including growth opportunities.
To be eligible to work in our airport locations, candidate must pass a U.S. government, 10 year criminal background check and TSA security threat assessment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· PEOPLE MANAGEMENT! Supervise a staff of cashiers, cooks, and utility
· Provide coaching and positive leadership and support to staff, fostering a real TEAM environment
· Guest relations and heavy floor presence
· Train new hires as well as conduct continuous training for current employees
· Maintain overall standard look of the store
· Refresh displays as needed
· Maintain and conduct inventory
· Ensure superior cleanliness of store and adherence to food safety and sanitation guidelines
· Comply with, teach and enforce workplace safety
· Administrative duties including employee documentation, cash counts and daily logs
· Understand, follow and enforce company policies, procedures, steps of service, union contract provisions, morale initiatives etc.
· This position reports directly the General Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000.00 /year