At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it's a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we're imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we're creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they're at it.About the Job
The Experience Operations team recruits, engages, and promotes a thriving community of thousands of freelance independent contractors (Taskers) in 70+ cities (and growing!) globally. As the United States Community Operations Activation Associate on the Experience Operations team, you will work closely with the North America Engagement Manager and the Global team of Operations Associates.
Based in either of our San Francisco or NYC offices, you will collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Trust & Safety, Marketing and Customer Services teams to ensure we build products and programs that help Canadian independent contractors (Taskers), exceed Client expectations. We are growing quickly and need someone who can think creatively, act fast, and roll up their sleeves. This role may require some travel.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.Responsibilities
- Be the face of the TaskRabbit community in the US, including in-person events with our US based independent contractors
- Responsible for monitoring activation of US Taskers at a country level
- Develop ideas for and implement programs that focus on improving the activation and billing rate of new US Taskers on the platform, in partnership with Content and other cross-functional teams;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the journey of Taskers beginning their businesses, and develop projects and initiatives that aim to activate Taskers in high-impact categories and meet other supply demands within the US, while also educating them on the platform and mitigating common pitfalls;
- Work cross-functionally with IKEA Ops, and own the activation and recruitment of Taskers into the IKEA program
- Explore and test Client-side initiatives to improve US Client activation
- Rigorously use data to drive decision making, develop new approaches, evaluate program performance, and advocate for product changes;
- Know the highs and lows from the Tasker and Client perspective, and understand the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z;
- Communicate with empathy with TaskRabbit users over multiple channels, to include the phone, email, online, and at in-person events;
- Stay informed of all site and policy changes as they occur and be able to articulate them accurately; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience
- Experience with copywriting, community building and insights tracking
- Bias for action, the skills and appetite to operate at a high pace in an entrepreneurial environment, and a love of hands-on work and learning
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (especially Excel); Google Suite. Familiarity with Looker a plus.
An unmistakable love and passion for TaskRabbit and the sharing economy: You know who we are, and you think we're the best!You'll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do's, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world's largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit's headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.