Quality Assurance Lead (Food production) Faison NC fulltime direct hire.
raw produce are received and sometimes put in brine or used as fresh. The times and week days work depend on when the crop is being received.
This will not be a split shift. But the shift may change during our Green Season.
Green Season we work several Saturdays and Sundays
When we are in Green Season(March thru September) there may be a need for associate to work 2nd shift which starts about 3pm. First shift starts between 5 -7 am.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for reporting any food safety or quality issues to supervisor as well as the following specific duties involving food safety and quality.
- Perform chemical, physical and sensory tests on all raw and finished products using approved methods to generate accurate data.
- Testing to include but not limited to the following: acid, salt, brix, pH, color, counts, fill weights, desalt tank analysis, customer samples, daily cuttings including flavor, texture and appearance of products, Calcium Chloride, defect analysis, drain weights, spice tracking, green stock grading, salt stock analysis, brine temperatures, chemical solution makeup closure evaluation including: vacuum, headspace & security, pasteurization including: cooling temperatures & data trace tests, stencil evaluation including: label, date code, product code, description, & UPC code, monitoring fermentation process including: lactic acids, reducing sugars, enzyme testing, Calcium Chloride, pH, flow meters, purge units, and salometer testing.
- Record all information in an orderly fashion and report all deviations from standard to the Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Follow Quality Assurance procedures as described by Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Carry out any corrections prescribed by Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Data entry
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and SQF (Safe Quality Food)
Task Management, Inc.