To perform jobs successfully, the incumbent will be required to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. The company reserves the right to modify, delete or add to the essential functions for the Maintenance position at any time.
- Actively participate in maintaining a Food Safe environment and follow GMPs and Food Safety Guidelines and report any food safety or quality issues to a Supervisor.
- Follow all safety and emergency standards at all times and report to Supervisor any incidents/near misses, hazards related to safety, with equipment, or damage to the facility
- Participate in improvement projects to support continuous improvement and support 5S efforts and keep areas clean and presentable
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Back up for issuing and returning materials in SAP
- Perform container and carton quality checks and verifications, and case packer changeovers
- Bring materials from the PSA to the line, including cheese, cartons, and corrugate
- Support the A Operator on the line with changeover, troubleshooting, and overall performance of the line
- Back up the A Operators when needed
- Perform thorough and effective daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning requirements for associated packaging lines
- Participate in shift line meetings, shift handoffs, effectively communicating with employees
- Understand how to fill out line boards
- Participate in operator based maintenance
- Relieve and train other B Operators
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- High school diploma or GED
- Competency of basic math
- One to three years manufacturing experience
- Must work well in a team based environment
- Must comply with all HACCP, GMPs and housekeeping requirements
- Exhibits Safe Behaviors
- Exhibit personal accountability for quality of work and attendance
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and follow written and verbal instruction
- Demonstrated attention to detail required.
- Ability to follow written policies, programs and SOP’s
- Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will walk/stand for the duration of a 8-12hour shift and be able to use both hands, twist, bend, stoop, reach and maneuver in tight or cramped areas.
- Will climb stairs, ladders, equipment scaffolding, tanks and heights to 50 feet.
- Will push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Will use one or both hands to hold, grip, and use tools required for duties, including but not limited to a utility knife.
- Will hear and talk on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of moderate and loud noise.
- Will work in and around cold water or hot water up to 185° F.
- Will work in cold, warm, hot, humid and/or wet conditions
- Protective Equipment
Within the work environment, the employee’s physical condition must be such that the employee can wear:
- Hearing protection.
- Head protection.
- Steel-toe slip resistant footwear.
- Eye protection when required.
- Hand protection when required
**Food Manufacturing Experience is a BIG PLUS (GMP & HAACP experience)
This is a direct hire position! Please submit your resume for immediate review!
Task Management, Inc.Established in 1990, Task Management, Inc. provides clients with a full range of staff recruiting and placement services.