Client sits in New Haven CT
We are looking for a senior developer (5+ years of experience) who has 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following technology stacks:
- Ruby on Rails
- Ember / React / Angular
Interview process First round phone with IT director / Code challenge/ Video conference call with IT director and engineering team
Successful applicants will have a history of learning new technologies and working effectively in a team environment. We’re looking for someone who loves pragmatic, clean solutions.
solving problems in the areas of mapping, geospatial databases, workflow management, external integrations, data analysis, accessibility and more.
About the Role
Applicants for these position must be …
- Able to work in our New Haven, Connecticut office or remote from anywhere in the USA (CT preferred)
- Willing to develop in a pairing environment
- Familiar with testing methodologies and frameworks
- Familiar with building and shipping production applications
- Comfortable with git or other revision control systems
The following aren’t required but would be helpful …
- DevOps experience including Heroku, AWS, Linux VMs, chef, etc.
- UI/UX design experience (web or mobile)
- Experience with HTTP based APIs such as REST, JSONAPI, GraphQL, or SOAP
- Familiar with Postgres or other SQL databases in a production environment
- GIS mapping systems or APIs
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related program
Github experience/ account