Task Management, Inc. Bloomingdale, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Junior Purchasing Buyer will support the purchasing strategy specifically as it relates to outside service vendors (OSV) and other sourcing areas that drive the business. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between internal and external partners, vendors, and suppliers of Abrasive Form. This role partners closely with Production to provide support and continuous improvement for purchasing processes geared toward increasing production velocity.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of collaborating and sourcing for complex, high-volume precision manufacturing. A successful incumbent is energetic, ambitious, assertive, with deep technical expertise or the willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. Serves as a leader among peers and contributes to the success of the business.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Purchasing Buyer will be responsible for purchasing and OSV from sourcing to delivery.
· Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
· Sends requests for quotations to current suppliers for projects.
· Conduct research for new suppliers. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
· Generates purchase orders for a specified group of suppliers for OSV items and service.
· Develop an effective and accurate system for monitoring purchase orders. Monitors unconfirmed dashboard to ensure that POs are not late or unconfirmed past 24 hours. Generates and confirms change PO suggestions in ERP software.
· Maintains vendor contact and confirms delivery dates for incoming orders; documents vendor contact and late vendor shipments.
· Compile data relating to supplier performance for evaluations, assess and evaluate suppliers, and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
· Maintain distributor profiles in a database.
· Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments to communicate any supply problems which may impact business operations.
· Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
· Review and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements partnering with the director.
· Adhere and follow any health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff, and visitors. Participate and support the safety initiatives of the business.
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures, and AS9100 audits.
Qualifications and Education Required
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency working in a computer supported environment using business software and Microsoft office programs.
- Strong math aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and influencing skills. Able to communicate with all levels of the organization from hourly to senior level executives.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow; able to multi-task.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements and supply resources.
• Bachelor's Degree in purchasing, supply chain or related field, preferred.
• Five (5) years purchasing experience, preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with AS9100.
• Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, a plus.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Purchasing for manufacture, a plus.
Task Management’s entire staff is experienced and dedicated to partnering with Start-Ups to Fortune 500 companies to fully understanding their needs and culture. In the same manner, candidates are better served by identifying the appropriate opportunity for growth while contributing to a company’s goals.
Task Management, Inc. provides clients with a full range of staff recruiting and placement services. Positions range from Help Desk Support to CIO. Our unique approach to recruiting in the Information Services environment is successfully accomplished by giving attention to detail.
Task Management, Inc.
Established in 1990, Task Management has continuously built strong relationships with both clients and candidates. We offer customized services that include contractual project staffing, full-time placement, and cost-effective payroll processing. Task Management’s entire staff is experienced and dedicated to partnering with Start-Ups to Fortune 500 companies to fully understanding their needs and culture. In the same manner, candidates are better served by identifying the appropriate opportunity for growth while contributing to a company’s goals. Task Management, Inc. provides clients with a full range of staff recruiting and placement services. Positions range from Help Desk Support to CIO. Our unique approach to recruiting in the Information Services environment is successfully accomplished by giving attention to detail.