VP of Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
The VP of Sales will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department but also be responsible to build the Sales pipeline.You Will:
- Hire and train regional and local sales managers and staff.
- Organize and oversee the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local sales managers.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Build and maintain a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicate with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintain communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Provide periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Provide leadership to the sales team.
- Motivate and encourage the sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identify and analyze customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Assign territories and sets quotas for sales teams.
- Consult with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolve customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
- Prepare sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Act as company representative at trade association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field
- At least two years of sales leadership experience required.
- At least eight years of sales experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
AddressArkansas City, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Targeted Talent