Technical Consultant – NAND-SSD-Controller Circuit Design
We are seeking this expertise to analyze system level patents related to memory operations, particularly SSD architectures and perform patent landscape by companies, assist in claim chart construction, and generate evidence of use documentation. The ideal candidate will have deep and broad knowledge of SSDs and/or controllers.
You will analyze system level patents related to memory operations, particularly SSD architectures and Interpret patent claim language, patent specification, and file history. You may also extract evidence of use from ‘black box’ testing, decompiling software, working with reverse engineering reports, datasheets, standards, scientific papers, and general searches.
- Preferred subject matter expert (SME) with technical role for at least last 5 years in one of key SSD or controller companies (e.g. Sandisk/WD, Micron, Toshiba/Kioxia, Samsung, Intel, Marvel, etc.)
- May also be SME on SSD/eMMC/UFS qualification or QA team from a system company such as Apple, Dell or HP
- Understanding operations of NAND flash memory including 3D NAND
- Deep understanding of storage technologies and flash memory Controller architectures
- Experience of NVMe SSD controller and familiar with NVMe protocol
- Experience in Embedded and enterprise SSD controller architectures (hardware, firmware, system), SSD Controller architectures including including PATA, SATA, and eMMC
- Experience with Tiered DAS and SAN configurations
- Direct experience on key SSD performance and reliability issues, such as wear leveling, read/write/erase, security/encryption, firmware development, power management, etc
- Hands on experience of SSD or UFS characterization and testing
- Involved in Controller ASIC design projects is plus
- Experience of embedded application such as eMMC and UFS is plus
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED!