Paralegal / Case Clerk
San Francisco, CA 94107 (In-house or remote!!)
25 - 30/hr. DOE (weekly pay!)
3 Month Contract (strong potential for extension)
M - F; 40 hrs. / week
**This is a position that could sit in HQ located in San Francisco or remote!!**
Our client is seeking a Paralegal / Case Clerk role, they work closely with in-house counsel and paralegals on the Litigation team, providing support to ensure compliance with deadlines and internal policies.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Keeping law library up to date by monitoring legal volumes.
- 2 plus years' experience as a Paralegal handling and assistance with unemployment claims, wage garnishment claims, and subpoena responses
- Associate or Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience
Please submit updated resume for immediate consideration!