Newark, Delaware 19702
$50 per hour
7 month Contract
As the Microbiologist you will maintain responsibility for the microbiology program at the Newark Site. In this role you will be efficient and perform effective management of the Environmental Monitoring program and manage the sampling and testing program for the site purified water system. This contract is open in order to cover a 6 month maternity leave. If you are comfortable running a micro lab with minimal supervision, we’d love to hear from you!
- Perform viable and non-viable environmental monitoring, water sampling and testing.
- Perform sampling, testing, and identification of microbiology samples.
- Perform microbiological testing on a range of samples, including chemical raw materials, components (including packaging materials), finished products, water, and environmental samples.
- Perform project work, including tech transfers, method and equipment/software validations.
- Author, review, or approvs supporting documentation relevant to the laboratory - SOPs, training documents, CAPAs, OOS and deviation investigations, change controls.
- Serve as a SME and technical leader in the laboratory, laboratory equipment, processes, software, or systems, troubleshooting roadblocks, and training other employees as needed.
- Serve on global teams and forums, functioning as a SME for global systems as appropriate.
- Enter, process, and review data in various software programs - LIMS, Empower, SAP.
- Review and approve QC data, while monitoring for trends and abnormalities. Reports, and acts on data results.
- Serve as the main point of contact for testing, contract services, and special testing requests including PET investigations and validations.
- Perform general maintenance/preventative maintenance/calibration activities when appropriate.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication with personnel inside and outside of QC.
- Provide and follows up on ideas for continuous improvements in laboratory processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all aspects of the microbiology program during audits and inspections.
- Perform tasks typically assigned to the Senior QC Technician role as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science subject (Chemistry, or closely related subjects). Actual degree requirements will be set at time of hiring, depending on current business needs OR prior experience and demonstrated capability through the QC Senior Technician role.
- 2 years of chemistry laboratory experience.
- High level of knowledge and competence with a specific piece of laboratory equipment, or a QC/QA process or system.
- GMP experience.