Graphic Designer/UX DesignerSan Francisco, CAApply Now
Graphic Designer/UX Designer
South San Francisco, CA 94080
$30 per hour
As the Graphic Designer/UX Designer you will work collaboratively with the UX Lead and team of talented developers to create engaging mobile apps and websites. This opportunity will place you at the forefront of a highly creative effort to get patients better care. In this role, you will create UI Components, Icons and Graphics in systematized Libraries to support our UX Lead. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and a passion for creating and organizing design systems, color, space and typography, and with strong skillsets working with Sketch and other essential software.
- Create highly effective designs for mobile apps and web.
- Create UI Components, Icons and Graphics in systematized Libraries that are used in design files and specs.
- Work Collaboratively with our UX Lead, Product Managers, Project Managers, Developers and Director.
- BA/BS in design or communications-related major
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- 2+ years of experience designing for web and mobile
- Must have a portfolio and be able to showcase specific work on a "shipped" mobile app in a presentation.
- Must be able to show a design file that showcases custom UI Components, Icons and Graphics in systematized libraries across multiple screens (no iOS or Android components from stock files).
- Strong skillset working with Sketch to make pixel perfect UI Components, Icons and Graphics in Systematized Libraries.
- Highly proficient with Zeplin to post design screens, components, global styles and assets.
- Proficient with Adobe Create Suite - Photoshop, XD, Illustrator and After Effects; InVision
- Strong typography skills and presentation skills.
- Understanding of flexbox layouts.
- Detail oriented
- Attention to naming and numbering conventions
- Ability to stay organized; demonstrates responsible time management and on-time performance
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment and/or working independently in order to produce successful outcomes
- Adaptable, follows direction well, and is a team player
- Ability to perform Guerrilla Usability Testing and presenting the results.
- Ability to make animations using GIFs and SVGs
- Illustration skills
- Understanding of React Native, Web Development, Agile Development, and Machine Learning.
- Intense curiosity about the world and how patients behave in it.