Redwood City, CA
Pay: 120k- $135k
Our client is currently seeking an Civil Engineer with expertise in water resources (pipeline and pump station design) that can lead projects. In this role, you will work on projects that include stand-alone municipal infrastructure improvements as well as support for site development of residential, commercial, mixed-use, medical, educational, and transportation improvements.
*Our client offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. Additional perks include life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal, plus even more!!
- Design Pipeline and large pump stations from the ground up.
- Complete Pipe/pump station condition assessments, retrofits, new design, hydraulic modeling, pipeline design, control valves.
- Prepare contract documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates), and provide design services during bidding and construction.
- Work closely with sub-consultants (electrical and structural engineers), as needed.
- Prepare technical sections of proposals and participate in interview presentations.
- Review and supervise technical aspects of work.
- Oversee design approach and project delivery.
- Provide quality control reviews.
- Represent communications with the client from initial marketing efforts through entire course of agreement activity.
- Communicate regularly with the assigned Principal and Water Resources group leader relative to project status and performance.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members and coordinate staff resources with other groups.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABT accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- Must be a registered Civil Engineer (PE) in the state of California.
- 10-15 years experience in Civil Engineer-water resources
- Must have strong technical experience delivering detailed designs, plans, and specifications for municipal and private utility infrastructure projects, including pipeline and pump station design for storm drain, potable water, and wastewater systems.
- Experience in design of pressure and gravity pipe.
- Large diameter pipeline design experience is a preference.
- Experience with 100 hp or larger pump stations, pump station retrofits, and permitting for California projects is a strong plus.
- Must pass background check