Direct Support Professionals-Vocational and Personal Supports
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. Gaithersburg, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Target is currently offering a limited number of $750 sign on bonuses. Apply today to take advantage of this benefit!
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide supportive services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in order to promote their personal and professional growth in our employment, day and personal support programs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum high school diploma; experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred; excellent driving record.
A. AGENCY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knows and complies with all required policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of Target and has a clear understanding of the specific regulations used in his/her department. Is in compliance with the regulations and guidelines when carrying out duties and responsibilities.
2. Successfully completes all required in-service trainings and completes re-certifications as required; demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues presented in trainings; is eager to expand knowledge; keeps current with relevant changes and takes appropriate steps to obtain needed information.
3. Performs duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency.
4. Works cooperatively and professionally with supervisors, co workers and guests; demonstrates tact and diplomacy, is supportive, respectful and cooperative; and works well as part of a team.
5. Regarding efficiency and effectiveness, takes appropriate action based on circumstances; provides pertinent and comprehensive information to supervisory personnel.
6. Regarding punctuality and dependability, demonstrates the ability to manage personal time by being punctual and gives sufficient notice to immediate supervisor in case of tardiness or absenteeism.
7. Acts as an appropriate role model for the clients. Chooses appropriate personal attire based on the circumstances. Maintains appropriate overall appearance and demonstrates proper personal hygiene.
8. Regarding educational status/goal setting--Is actively attending classes, workshops, etc. to improve work skills.
9. Demonstrate a willingness to perform essential job functions and duties with the safety of the clients and self being a top priority, and adhere to and comply with all safety guidelines taught in trainings.
B. DIRECT CARE RESPONSIBILITES-Personal Supports Department:
1. Assist the Program Coordinators in providing direct services and training to residents, or provide substitute coverage.
a) Assist residents in their daily personal care and grooming, including care of body, hair, teeth and clothing, etc.
b) Assist residents in the development of leisure-time activities and recreation by participating in these activities. Leisure and recreation should be and are done outside of what is on the PCP (formerly IPP).
c) Assist Program Coordinators in implementing PCP goals.
d) Maintain a family-type atmosphere for residents.
e) Assist residents in maintaining contact with family and friends through use of telephone and/or mail.
f) Encourage residents to share their experiences in their vocational programs (work or volunteer positions) with other residents and staff.
g) Assist Program Coordinators with taking clients out for errands or other activities available to residents.
2. Maintain close contact with Personal Supports staff to assure a unified, consistent training program for residents.
3. Assist with the maintenance of the residence by following the schedule of daily chores, the training of clean-up skills, and other tasks needed to provide a safe and pleasant environment for residents (including, but not limited to menu planning and grocery shopping).
4. Be able to communicate instructions and directions to the clients in a manner that is easily understandable. This requires fluency in speaking the primary language of the clients.
5. Position requires regularly lifting or supporting 50 or more pounds. Also, when required, must be physically able to restrain a behavioral client.
C. DIRECT CARE RESPONSIBILITES-Vocational Department:
1. Provide direct care and supervision to individuals in the day program setting.
2. Facilitate meaningful day programming by assisting with classroom-based and educational, activities, vocational skill-building, and community integration.
3. Job coach individuals at their employment sites; help to train workplace skills and foster independence; support individuals in carrying out their jobs to the standards of their employers.
4. Implement behavior management plans and collect data accordingly.
5. Support individuals in achieving their vocational goals, as outlined in their Person-Centered Plans (PCPs); collect goal data accordingly in current system (i.e. CIMS).
6. Ensure that all State of Maryland mandated documentation related to the provision of services to clients is completed accurately in current system (i.e. CIMS) and submitted in a timely manner.
7. Provide safe transportation for clients to and from employment sites, community destinations, and the day program in company vehicles.
8. Perform monthly vehicle checks and complete and submits requests for vehicle repairs, as needed.
9. Fill gas tank in vehicles when below one half of a tank.
10. Ensure that vehicles driven are free of trash and are kept clean.
11. Maintain excellent communication with co-workers, supervisor, and Vocational leadership team members.
12. Follow daily schedule and document work time accurately in current system (i.e. Paylocity).
13. Attend and participate in all scheduled vocational meetings, quarterlies and other meetings, as needed.
14. Complete all trainings required by DDA and Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. within the first 90 days of employment; maintain ongoing training compliance.
15. Other duties as assigned by Management including: Director of Vocational Services, Employment Development Manager, Supported Employment Manager, & Vocational Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to stand, bend, reach, lift 50 pounds, maneuver wheelchairs, perform safe transfers of individuals.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties as assigned by Program Directors.
View our website to learn more about us, and the people we serve!
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
At Target, we love what we do!
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities through quality, community-based residential, educational, vocational, recreational and family support services. View our website to learn more about us, and the people we serve! www.targetcommunity.org
438 N. Frederick Ave. GaithersburgGaithersburg, MD
Personal CareView all jobs at Target Community & Educational Services, Inc.