Software Engineer III
Charleston - SC
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer III
Location: Charleston, SC
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for Mission Planning products in support of Tapestry's Weapons and Unmanned Systems mission planning organization. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Supports software project management. May develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and/or regulations. Works under general direction. Follows company software standards and processes.
- Strong background and expertise with C# development and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
- Experience participating in Agile software development teams
- Ability to maintain and extend existing software products and to design, code & test newly developed code and applications
- Excellent written communication skills for producing deliverable documentation, reports and emails
- Proven high level of productivity & professionalism
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems. May lead day to day software integration efforts. Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the development documentation and maintainance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- May participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- May develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- May participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Ability to obtain a Secret DoD clearance.
- Software development with C# and .NET
- Visual Studio
- Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- Continuous Integration
- SAFe Agile
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Mission Planning domain experience
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.