Quality Assurance Manager (U.S. Citizenship or Green Card holder Required)
- Posted: over a month ago
Taoti Creative is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance leader with a passion for Accessibility!
As leader of the QA team, you will use your experience supporting testing automation and QA processes to lead a team responsible for validating new features and functionalities and improving project outcomes. We are looking for someone who can take our existing process and push it to the next level, all while working collaboratively with developers, project managers, and creatives.
The ideal candidate is a mix of experienced QA engineer/analyst, manager who enjoys helping their reports reach their fullest potential while also improving QA frameworks and processes, and A11y champion who is passionate about ensuring digital projects are built to be accessible without sacrificing design or technology.
Positioned within the dev department, you will collaborate with development managers and project managers, coordinate testing procedures, devise automated processes, and ensure that we deliver best-in-class products. Your initial focus will be on accurate and timely testing, but the role also includes improving automation and ultimately building out a robust process for our testing team. As a cross-departmental role, your team will be engaging in understanding requirements and expectations from various projects and products.
Remote options available. This position will require a successful candidate to work Eastern time zone work hours.
The Day to Day
- Drive quality assurance as part of digital product processes and deliver high-quality releases on time.
- Lead the QA team, and collaborate within project teams to help people, products, and processes reach their highest potential.
- Support the team to collaborate with project teams and the dev team in delivery of product development.
- Establish and implement test strategies, design test plans, and test cases.
- Build deep knowledge of end-to-end processes across projects and products, taking the time to understand the strategic goals of projects to effectively supervise QA operations.
- Own end-to-end digital product quality (full-stack; front-end to back-end, including accessibility standards), including design and implementation of automated and manual test creation, and execution.
- Drive support of continuous improvement and find opportunities to optimize current practices to shorten QA timeline, improve quality and efficiency.
Experience & Requirements
- 5+ years of QA experience for web based and native applications.
- Extensive experience with automated testing tools that leverage Selenium framework.
- Experience with build systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience with quality assurance process, automation, and team management
- 2+ years demonstrated ability leading and scaling a QA team through great hires and an ability to preserve a harmonious team with team growth.
- 2-3 years of extensive demonstrated knowledge of WCAG 2.X, Section 508, and other various accessibility standards both in practical application and theory.
- 2 years hands-on experience using various forms of Assistive Technology, from browser extensions, to screen readers (JAWS/NVDA), and everything in between.
- Interest in communicating regularly across a group of development managers and partners from other departments to gather and incorporate feedback into team processes
- Proficiency with a wide range of technology platforms and project management tools – JIRA, Teamwork, TestProject.io, GitHub, Pantheon, AWS, and Adobe XD.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Business, Data, or Technology related fields or relevant work experience
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO BE PART OF THE DEV DEPARTMENT AT TAOTI?
Come for the work, stay for the people. We are a team of about 30 developers mostly spread across North and South America. Like any team of developers, we are excited to build out new, exciting, beautiful, and challenging technical solutions for our clients. We pride ourselves on being a supportive, inclusive, and team-minded group of people. We’ve got a robust slack culture full of dev questions and funny gifs, and your dev teammates are ever at the ready to jump in and help if you hit a snag. Every day we are trying to be better than we were before, whether in big leaps or baby steps. When not in the middle of a global pandemic, we have annual retreats where we fly all our remote people to headquarters for a week of company bonding. We celebrate birthdays, beg for peeks at your pup or kitty or adorable child, cheer over your big life moments, and generally do our best to be the kind of team we all want to be part of.
This is a full-time, W2, “in-house” role based out of our Washington, DC office. A note about what it means to be “in-house” here: We only recently started coming back to the office, so our policies and expectations are still evolving. That said, the rule of thumb is that most employees in the DC area should be in the office at least half time. Certain roles (such as managers or people involved in projects that require more on-site meetings) may be more, and that may change from time to time. Ultimately, our goal is to embrace a hybrid office culture that balances the needs of the agency with the needs of employees.
What’s the corporate culture like?
“Fun but focused,” as one Taoti put it, is a great way to sum up our culture. We’re a fun and casual shop. The kind of place where you can wear whatever, come and go as you please, and have autonomy over your own day for the most part. But we take the work seriously and believe deep in the mission to make meaningful and measurable impacts for our clients. All the perks and shenanigans and borderline irreverent tone are fun, but to really fit in here, you need to be about the work.
We believe in something we call our “QIST Culture.” Quality. Innovation. Service. And Teamwork. We are always striving to improve these four areas (to the extent that we have a fund of a quarter million dollars per year that anyone can spend from in the interest of going above and beyond towards any of these four values.
We also believe in total transparency and open communication across teams and across ranks. Instead of chain-of-command, we want everyone to have and share their own voice. Every other Thursday, the CEO holds ‘CafeClutch’ just so he can hear ideas and feedback directly from the team instead of through the filter of management.
Want to see what life at Taoti looks like? Check out our Instagram or ‘about us’ video. There’s even a 360 tour of the office.
What about benefits?
- 5 weeks PTO for starters (includes 10 federal holidays)
- You can work mostly from home if you prefer (as is our default post-pandemic)
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. (50% for qualifying dependents.) And we have good insurance.
- Paid family leave for men and women (including PTO plus short and long term disability options.)
- 3% retirement plan matching (plus access to a financial advisor).
- Home buyer help (including a $1200 closing credit)
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- You can opt for a company-supplied PC or Mac laptop. Or if you want to use your own, we’ll reimburse you for it.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Tax-free metro benefits
- A sincere respect for work/life balance
- Money and time off allocated for professional development (also increases with tenure)
- A diverse team hailing from over 15 countries last time we checked
- A very hip/cool/funky/quirky office space on Barracks Row, in the heart of Capitol Hill. Just 2 blocks from the metro!
- Annual global retreat (where we bring the whole team together for fun, games, and teamwork)
- Of course, the above is a quick list. See the handbook for all the gory details.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Great ideas happen when diverse perspectives come together. Those perspectives are Taoti’s secret sauce. So building a diverse team and culture where everyone has a voice and is included in the process is not just the right thing to do. It’s good for business. We’d love your own perspective to add to our mix! We're eager for new, diverse voices to join the team and sincerely hope people from every walk of life will apply!
A bit more about Taoti…
Established in 1996, Taoti Creative is a boutique, full-service creative agency located on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. We are privately owned and have no corporate overloads (nothing personal, WPP.) We do stuff like web development, social media management, branding, experiential marketing, video, AR/VR, etc. Our mission is to ‘move the needle’ for our clients. We leverage technology, creativity, and innovation to generate meaningful and measurable results for our clients—that’s what drives us. Speaking of clients, they’re about 60% non-profits, 20% commercial, and 20% federal government. Some of our customers include World Bank, USAID, DC Water, Discovery Education, American Chemical Society, Jane Goodall Foundation, and dozens of ‘National Association of _____________,’ etc. Our full time team of about 50 employees is about 65% in-house and 35% remote. We hail from over 15 countries. And for the last four years in a row, we’ve made the Inc5000 list of fastest growing companies in the United States. There’s of course plenty of additional information on our website. If you’ve not done so already, be sure to check out our culture video: https://vimeo.com/289302105. Or if you’re feeling virtual, here’s guided tour of the office in 360 video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KkzdmSGTM (Warning: not suitable for printers.)
If you’re qualified and interested, please apply on our website (https://www.taoti.com/careers.) Please note that these job ads often get placed onto other websites with their own application systems (we’re looking at you Jooble!) and some sites (looking at you Indeed!) have made up random salary ranges. We aren't able to respond to applications that don’t come through our own website (Because we use software to manage our hiring process, and without it, it would be the wild west here. So please be sure you’re applying on our website.)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?