Taos is immediately hiring a Data Engineer/Developer to work with a major financial institution in Boston!
Who you are:
You are a seasoned, senior-level data engineering professional, well-versed in enterprise-scale Big Data solutions and tools, spanning management, ingestion and efficient integration of mission-critical data. You collaborate with fellow team members in the design and deployment of new data lake components, data marts and innovations across the software development lifecycle. You anticipate and avert roadblocks while adhering to established corporate procedures and best practices. You bring the ideal overall skill set to “hit the ground running” in this formal professional environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architecting software tools and applying your data engineering expertise; owning data quality for our client’s processes
- Driving technical excellence and implementation of software engineering best-practices
- Designing/delivering large-scale, highly available and mission-critical data pipelines and features, using modern cloud and big data architectures
- Creating and deploying batch, stream, and big data solutions using technologies such as Kafka, EMR, Kinesis, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Overseeing end-to-end agile design, scoping, implementation, and testing of in-house and vendor solutions
What you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 7+ years of collective experience in software engineering, data analysis, data warehousing or data transformation, in a similarly sized organization.
- 2+ years of experience architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications using AWS Platform.
- 2+ years of software development experience with C#, Python, etc.
- In-depth understanding of AWS and Big Data eco-system (e.g. Spark, Redshift, Athena, Lambda, Snowflake, DMS)
- In-depth understanding of data warehousing and BI concepts, including hands-on experience building ETL/ELT data pipelines.
- Proven ability working with high performing teams and motivating people, instilling accountability, and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
- High standards of integrity in business decision-making
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.