Taos Whole Health Integrative Care Taos, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $15 Hourly
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our Taos Whole Health team! We are an integrative family practice clinic in Taos, New Mexico and offer an array of services to the community. You will assist in performing routine administrative and clinical assignments to help keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Take medical histories, record vital signs, and prepare patient for exams
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and assist providers
- Schedule appointments and follow-ups for patients
- Sterilize medical instruments and exam rooms
- Perform electrocardiograms
- Administer vaccines and injections
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings
- Document appropriately in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Assist in developing systems for monitoring ongoing patient care
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by clinical staff
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate with insurance companies and pharmacies for patient care issues
- Experience with the Prior Authorization process
- Assist in inventory management and ordering of medical and clinical supplies.
- Becoming trained on new systems and procedures as needed.
- Clinical experience in patient care setting (outpatient preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program; successful completion of the internal PMS Medical Assistant II training and assessment program; OR experience as an EMT or paramedic.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing aide duties preferred.
- Must be deemed competent in phlebotomy at time of hire.
- Ability to speak Spanish desired.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of health care and our integrative clinic
- Athenahealth experience preferred
- Telephone Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus
Taos Whole Health Integrative Care
1331 Maestas RdTaos, NM