MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of Taoglas antenna products. The candidate will lead projects and mentor more junior engineers and interns. This position will require traditional mechanical engineering skills as well as industrial engineering design experience. This position will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards while meeting design standards and guidelines. Will also work in a support role as needed on other projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work closely with Antenna Engineers and customers to understand, design and test requirements and specifications to then use the information to develop a project schedule. Estimate production timelines and related costs.
- Follow direction of Project Manager to present concept to customers.
- Interface with all other functional groups and departments as required in the design and test development lifecycle.
- Work closely with Engineering Team to identify and resolve issues related detail part fabrication, test setup assembly, and during testing.
- Transition products from product development to production.
- Process optimization.
- Find ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in materials or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of materials and high-volume manufacturing processes, fastener selection, and Testing methodologies.
- Strong CAD skills and Solidworks experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Industrial design experience.
- Manufacturing experience in the semiconductor and/or electronics industry desired.
- M.S. degree in materials or mechanical engineering.
- RF or Wireless Product Industries a PLUS
- Antenna design
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other mechanical engineer positions in the department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Up to 25% of overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.