The QC Tech performs the testing of Personal Care products in order to meet the requirements of international standards. The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate, or soon to be graduate, in the sciences with a strong knowledge of lab procedures and basic chemistry. We are looking for someone who is able to autonomously work on assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative, with a basic understanding of the implications of lab work.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submit Microbiology and CBD testing to external lab, or complete in-house, for multiple stages of the production process.
- Complete in-house testing (viscosity, pH, etc.) on batched products to confirm that it complies with physical criteria.
- Maintain weekly calibration of all scales in the lab.
- Keep an updated record of physical stability of products.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance of all QC areas including laboratory. Performs assigned laboratory duties.
- Review results for accuracy and interpretation. Proven ability to make recommendations based on the results obtained.
- Must adhere to and follow written procedures.
- Maintain clear files and records.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- College Degree or working to complete a degree.
- Solid Knowledge with computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Maintains a high degree of quality in all work performed.
- Responsible and accountable for accuracy and timeliness of system transactions.