At Tanury, our objective is simple: To use cutting-edge technologies and to establish the best practices needed to develop cost effective and innovative finishing solutions for our clients.
From fine jewelry to precision aviation components, consumer products, and customized architectural and nautical fixtures, we are known for our quality, craftsmanship and attention to even the smallest detail.
What sets us apart from other metal finishing firms is our commitment to technology, to developing new solutions, and to finding ways to deliver for our customers. By focusing on innovative service, we work with our clients—from inception to development to testing and plating—to turn a simple idea into a complex reality. At Tanury, we create finishes to customer specifications that perform and last.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Plating Technician.
Communicates and documents inspection and test results. Responsible to support engineers and other technicians with production activities for chemical processing and plating.
Performs technical end of shift duties, end of job procedures, and housekeeping procedures.
· Knowledge of measuring instruments and equipment for inspection of the product.
· Knowledge and Abilities:
· Interprets instructions both written and oral. Works in a team environment to resolve work issues.
· Knowledge of shop math. Communicates effectively in English.
· Education and Experience:
· 3 - 5 years’ experience working in a gold and/or nickel-plating facility.
· Able to interpret instructions both written and oral.
· Able to work in a team with co-workers to resolve work issues.
· Must be able to occasionally exert push force up to 50 pounds, must have good eyesight and hand dexterity, and able to identify and distinguish colors.
· Within safety guidelines, there will be exposed to noise, moving mechanical parts, oils/solvents, fumes, and odors that may affect the eyes, ears, nose, throat and/or skin.
· Must be able to speak, read and understand English
· Good oral communication skills
· Valid driver’s license
· Background screenings and pre-employment drug tests will be conducted after any offer of employment
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package.
TO APPLY IN PERSON: Tanury Industries – 6 New England Way – Lincoln, RI