- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
Learn more at www.tantalus.com. We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh NC.
This role offers a competitive salary plus variable compensation tied to business unit scale objectives. Tantalus offers full health, dental and vision plans, flexible hours, hybrid/remote work styles and vacation.
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
Location of Position: This position is hybrid, and will be based in Norwalk, CT office area.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, the Proposal Manager will coordinate and produce proposal responses (RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.) by assembling a proposal team with the relevant service/product/business knowledge required to win the opportunity. This is a highly-networked, player/coach role that requires an ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines. There is considerable engagement with internal stakeholders, and a proven ability to build and influence cross-functional teams without formal reporting authority is essential for success. There will be a small component of travel from time to time depending on the needs of the function.
Specifically, the Proposal Manager will:
- Drive the Proposal Life Cycle which includes: kick-off meetings, the analysis of requirements & strategy development, risk assessment / mitigation, and the creation of high quality proposals showcasing Tantalus’s value proposition
- Coordinate, draft and review proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product development, customer operations, finance, and legal
- Translate Subject Matter Experts’ knowledge into proposal requirements when not provided in customer-ready format
- Lead internal proposal team in preparing all aspects of RFPs and RFIs for Tantalus including leading the go / no-go decision process, drafting, reviewing and editing content for responses, coordinating pricing, margin analysis and concessions and submitting packages.
- Leverage RFPIO tool to maintain database of responses to drive efficiencies and scale within the organization
- Evaluate and implement industry best practices to improve our proposal process and quality of our responses
- Obtain feedback from Win / Loss debriefs for “lessons learned” to incorporate in future proposals
- Maintain and analyze competitive offering database
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing best practices
What you Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, or related. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of required education on a case by case basis.
- APMP certification is an asset
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex technical solution environment
- Experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / sign off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal
- Experience with coordinating and updating a content management system is beneficial
- 7+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years’ related experience in bids and proposals role with background in an Energy/Utility/Smart Grid space
- Demonstrated track record of improving company win rates from RFP submissions
- Working knowledge and experience with preparation of budgets, schedules, and cost estimates
- Experience with professional publishing and writing tools
- Excellent computer skills: MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat (not Reader), and proposal management software applications (preferably RFPIO)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills in English; communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated personality
- Ability to make decisions based on solid facts, organizational skills, and time management
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solver
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment (Engineering, Contracting, Marketing, Sales, etc.)
- Ability to hold other stakeholders accountable to deliver timely material
BusinessView all jobs at Tantalus