Junior Market Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
Learn more at www.tantalus.com. We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh NC.
This role offers a competitive salary plus variable compensation tied to business unit scale objectives. Tantalus offers full health, dental and vision plans, flexible hours, hybrid/remote work styles and vacation.
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
The Junior Market Analyst will be responsible for completing a variety of projects and assignments to improve our organization’s performance, support strategic initiatives, gather market intelligence and coordinate with various departments across the company to enhance our market positioning. This position reports to the Director, Business Development within our Sales department and will also support the office of the President & CEO.
Specifically, the Junior Market Analyst will:
- Research and analyze a variety of related industry, market, competitive intelligence and business topics to help support the allocation of resources and identify new business opportunities and target customers
- Monitor and distribute relevant industry and competitor news and announcements
- Participate in identifying key strategic areas of corporate development and business opportunities through the use of sales, marketing and financial modelling
- Prepare detailed summaries in the form of internal reports such as Excel modeling, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents etc.
- Support investor relations efforts and interactions with investment banking research analysts and investors
- Collaborate with the communication and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate a variety of marketing and collateral materials for internal and external use in relation to Business Development, Sales and Marketing activities
- Implement and execute on integrated outreach campaigns through the use of marketing automation tools
- Streamline the data gathering and reporting processes in order to maximize efficiency
- Participate in organizing high impact events including Tantalus’ annual Users Conference
- Represent the company at industry events and conferences to gather feedback and information on market and creative trends to the rest of the organization
- Support research, diligence and financial modeling of targeted M&A opportunities
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or communications or an equivalent related field of study
- Relevant work experience or education background to be successful in a fast paced, growing technology sector
- Knowledge of the power and utility sector is an asset
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to prepare accurate and effective research summaries, reports, marketing and communication materials and collateral
- Competency in web-based tools with a background in HubSpot, Salesforce or other CRM tools considered as a plus
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite tools, and in particular with Excel
- Experience using business visualization tools such as PowerBI and/or Tableau is an asset
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team player orientation
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple terminology to effectively communicate verbally or in written format with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines while under pressure
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently
BusinessView all jobs at Tantalus