Senior Software Engineer at The Forem
- Expired: April 15, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a Full-Time role at one of our partner companies, The Forem
About The Forem
Our mission is to move 1M underrepresented people into leadership by 2030. Our solution is to scale best-in-class live training across the entire employee base - effectively leveling the playing field for all employees.
Training is a $375B a year global industry, with 80% going to the top 20% of a company. The Forem is the only live training solution that is scalable across an entire organization which increases diversity, retention and revenue. A win for all.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can be a strategic leader, technical team supervisor, and a product advocate. You will play an integral role in the future of our company, overseeing development initiatives across the entire product lifecycle. You have ample experience working with development teams to take ownership of a product delivery pipeline, communicate effectively among all stakeholders, and deliver results consistently. We're looking for someone who is truly excited to help level the playing field within companies and ensure employee happiness by ensuring all employees are supported and have access to top quality live training.
- Be responsible for partnering with the CEO and Product team to bring vision / concept into live product
- Own development of features end-to-end and building the platform that distributes the best cohort-based-courses in the market
- Collaborate with the product team to plan and execute on our product roadmap, ensuring that vision and strategy become tangible outcomes
- Drive the technical vision and development of our platform
- Grow and mentor the engineering function (on & off-prem)
- >4yrs of experience as a senior engineer, leading and mentoring others within high-growth startups
- 10+yrs of direct hands-on development experience
- Full-stack development experience working with Ruby on Rails and front-end development
- Thrive working in an early stage startup environment (where change is a constant!)
- Take true pride in your communication skills. This role requires an excellent communicator, and sits at the intersection of engineering, product, and leadership. As a remote first company, this is more important than ever.
- Proven experience managing, and leading development teams (across product & engineering disciplines)
- You have a demonstrated ability to not only establish, but also successfully execute on a product roadmap, taking concepts from discovery to development to release, working collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver outcomes
- Flexibility; you are able to adjust and adapt to changes in the business environment as well as in the industry
- You're someone who values ruthless prioritization and cross-team alignment. You can balance technical feasibility concerns along with user experience and business goals, weighing quick wins with long-term investments appropriately
- Excellent leadership with a keen focus on positive and healthy culture. Your role is to support your team and ensure they are as successful as you.
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be
- Experience working in the L&D / HR tech space is preferred
- Experience working with B2B enterprise solutions is preferred
- Experience deploying B2B software is preferred
We are a startup, so we work hard, learn a lot and are truly energized by changing the world for the better. We're growing quickly, and as a result you'll shape how we work and what we ship. Our teammates who have the following skills thrive the most:
- Growth Mindset - You have a collaborative spirit and acknowledge your talents can continuously be developed through hard work, good strategies and input from others.
- Are curious and love to learn.
- Roll up their sleeves to get work done. They pivot to action and leave their egos at the door.
- Can give and receive feedback in a helpful manner
- Over communicate - via email, presentations, etc. We are remote first, so taking time and care to over communicate is important
- You are mission driven and actively support diversity in the workforce
- You are excited about diving in, and learning as you go. We often don't have the answers, and are problem solving along the way.
- You love taking on big, meaty challenges and thrive in a fast paced environment that changes rapidly
- We do work a lot. Due to rapid growth we may have more work than we'd like, or need to take on responsibilities that are outside our role. We need people who want to pitch in and solve problems regardless of title or role.
- Innovative thinkers: we're always looking for new ideas which means that thinking outside of the box is not only welcome but celebrated!
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Software Engineer 1 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.