Engineering Program Manager
- Posted: 20 days ago
Engineering Program Manager
Here at Tangram Flex, we believe every mission deserves access to innovation. Our highly talented team has deep expertise and experience simplifying and securing software integration. We enable rapid integration with confidence through tools and solutions for complex software systems - - we deliver software, research, prototype, services, and products for mission critical systems.
What we do takes passion and a talented team. Our core values are at the heart of every decision we make and we understand that our team is the key to our success. For those reasons, we've designed a highly competitive benefits program to support employees and their families. These include:
- Competitive salaries scaled based on experience
- Employer paid health care
- Employer contribution to health savings account
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Flexible work location with remote options
- 401K employer match
- Contemporary designed office space complete with tons of extra perks
POSITION DESCRIPTION /
Tangram Flex is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Engineer candidates with experience in the USAF Simulators Division (AFLCMC/WNS) and/or in the US Military field of training and simulation. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of how training devices are acquired, be well versed in cutting edge commercial gaming technologies (AR/VR/XR equipment and use), and have a working knowledge of installation, maintenance, and upgrading commercial high-end computing gear.
The Simulators Division (AFLCMC/WNS) is the premier agency responsible for acquisition and sustainment of training/simulation devices that support all facets of Air Force missions. This division supports the lifecycle management of over 2400 training devices across 75 programs, the 9 MAJCOMS, and in 24 nations across the globe.
The role of this Tangram Flex position is to provide Modeling and Simulation Engineering support to the Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) team and the WNS Innovation Cell at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of cutting edge VR (and associated technologies) to become trusted advisor to USAF for simulator acquisition.
- Coordinate between AFLCMC/WNS and outside stakeholders/innovation leads around the USAF enterprise.
- Prepare purchase orders/documentation to acquire new technologies to place in the Innovation Lab.
- Support technical management activities and execution as directed by WNS Leadership.
- Assist in planning and execution of DV visits to the Innovation Lab.
- Prepare technical documentation and contribute to all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for Remote Scanning and SECB-determined projects.
- Coordinate SCARS initiatives within the simulation and Open Architecture industries.
- Coordinate on AFRL activities such as Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) projects to advance SCARS technologies.
- Coordinate WNS initiatives within the modeling and simulation communities and/or vendors. Support the organization of working groups, collaboration activities, and industry days to communicate, promote, and evolve innovative initiatives and concepts.
- Manage development and scheduling of multiple SBIR Phase II and III programs running simultaneously.
- Represent the Simulators Division at PR events and conferences throughout the year.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE /
- BA/BS, technical certification, or equivalent successful experience in a similar industry role.
- Experience composing, reviewing, and evaluating technology and architectural documentation.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Existing active TOP SECRET clearance
- Program management experience
- SBIR program experience
- Interest in DoD applications of emerging technologies
- Experience executing alternative/rapid DoD acquisition processes
- Proven technology program delivery experience.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Tangram Flex, Inc. will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled and E-Verify
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?