Direct Support Professional
Tancell Care LLC Reno, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Employee Sign Up Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Monthly Utilization Bonus
Tancell Care serves participants with developmental disabilities in Southern & Northern Nevada. Our mission is to deliver excellence in service and individualized care for individuals with intellectual disabilities while enhancing their overall quality of life.
The Direct Support Professional will assist and support individuals with developmental disabilities in their home. This position requires the DSP to travel to the participant's home on their scheduled time. As a Direct Support Professional, you would have an opportunity to enrich the life of the person you are working with. This happens through communication, daily living, hygiene skills, behavioral intervention and social activities out in the community to enjoy life. The focus is on maintaining a clean, safe, stimulating living environment, providing transportation (as needed) and supporting individuals to become active members of their communities.
- Assist persons in learning basic living skills, adapting to the community environment and establishing supportive relationships within the community
- Assist persons in areas of personal care, home management, meal planning, shopping and health maintenance
- Provide Positive Behavioral Support in employment and community involvement
- Interact with parents, case managers and the public in a positive, professional manner
- Transport and meet persons supported at various community locations
- Maintain Individual Plans and satisfy all reporting requirement
- At least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to satisfy a background check and comply with company drug free workplace policy
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Support, behavior management and training programs desired but not required.
- A strong desire to enrich lives and the ability to train and foster skills development with
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish work priorities and work independently
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds of unbalanced weight
- Willingness to work a flexible, non--traditional schedule
The benefits offered by Tancell Care are designed to promote wellness and provide protection for employees and their families in the case of an accident or illness. Complete information about coverage and eligibility is available from the Human Resources Department.
Tancell Care offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Simple IRA & Company Matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company-paid holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
Tancell Care LLCWhy Work Here?
If you are someone who is looking for a rewarding career working for the most vulnerable population, apply now!