- Expired: October 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Compliance Specialist works under the direction of the Corporate Compliance Officer. The Compliance Specialist supports all aspects of Tampa Family Health Centers’ (“TFHC”) Compliance Program. This position includes involvement in: internal monitoring and auditing, education, compliance violation investigating, reporting and management, as well as corrective action planning. The Specialist assists in maintaining TFHC’s compliance with all laws, rules, regulations and policies pertaining to the delivery of healthcare.
• Facilitates the preparation of reports for the Compliance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Performs compliance monitoring and investigations and assists in the completion of reporting
procedures following compliance monitoring and investigation activities.
• Performs privacy monitoring and investigations and assists in the completion of reporting
procedures including the reporting of any HIPAA breaches to appropriate agencies.
• Participates in internal auditing and monitoring activities, inputs data, and assists in data analysis from such activities for compliance with existing policies and regulations.
• Identifies suspected non-compliance from auditing and monitoring data and refers findings to the Corporate Compliance Officer for further action.
• Conducts required OIG and Sam screening to detect Excluded Individuals and Corporations.
Reports exclusions to the Corporate Compliance Officer for immediate management.
• Researches HHS and CMS bulletins and other healthcare information regarding updates to health care regulations affecting the healthcare centers.
• Actively engages in the review and reporting of OIG, OCR and DOJ enforcement actions, OIG
workplan updates to healthcare compliance risk areas that my impact the organization.
• Supports the activities of the compliance team including preparations for mandated annual
reviews/ attestations and compliance week competitions.
• Performs other duties as directed by the Corporate Compliance Officer and Administration.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual skills and problem-solving ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Understanding of conflict resolution and grievance management techniques
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize a diverse workload and possess the ability to work under pressure and
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience in the healthcare industry
Education, Certification, Training and License:
• Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Bilingual preferred.
Tampa Family Health Centers
BusinessView all jobs at Tampa Family Health Centers
Get fresh Corporate Compliance Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.