- Posted: over a month ago
New York, NY (Remote)
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to be part of a mission that is helping over millions of people feel better? Come join our team!
Talkspace is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our team of Full Stack Engineers (US Based) in contributing across the stack within our mobile and web designs. This role reports directly to our VP of Engineering and would be responsible for pushing forward the experience, interaction and visual language of our products across the web, all while leading the team towards completing high impact projects within Talkspaces roadmap.
As part of our talented team, you will be expected to challenge the status quo and bring new features and interaction ideas to the table. We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a for purpose space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role:
Talkspaces Engineering Team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale. You will have a huge impact on both the evolution of our code and the growth of our company. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. For a team that moves fast and ships code to production continuously, we rely on leadership to help increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Impact and Mentorship
- Ensure everyone on your team is getting clear, constructive, and frequent feedback on their work and that they have the support they need to grow as technical contributors.
- You will develop a diverse and inclusive team of Talkspacers to feel empowered in doing the best work of their careers
- Ability to set roadmap for the team while also multitasking between delegating intelligently, mentoring engineers, and helping other team members grow to deliver results
- Help develop the teams careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Proactively nurtures and provides direction to our pod of Full Stack Developers as they create consumer-driven features within mobile and web
- Creates an organization that understands how to balance technical debt vs business goals
- Understand the aspirations of your teammates and help them to lead the work they are most passionate about.
- Communication and Leadership
- You dont shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth
- Keep the team engaged and focused on the product and company vision, while consistently improving upon software engineering practices
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- You think ahead and build for the future, while also instilling a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Collaborates across functional areas to define, prioritize and ensure implementation of specific innovations to improve technical functionality in support of business needs, efficiencies and revenue
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team
- GSD (Get Stuff Done)
- You manage the performance of your team, which can be minimally defined as ensuring the right goals for the team are established, and that they are met at the right time
- Strong project management skills to ensure the whole team is on track throughout the sprint and can sustainably deliver high quality work
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Develops and deploys new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance plattform in line with our emerging customer needs
- Manage business expectations, resolve conflicts, and keep businesses aligned
- Participates in staff recruitment, performance assessments, training, and career development.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle complex engineering problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, (or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience)
- 8+ years of professional experience developing software
- 5+ years of team management
- Experience managing 10+ direct reports at any given time
- Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence.
Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web applications security, as well as mobile apps. Were taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data- driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve our systems.
Our Stack currently includes:
Talkspace is the worlds leading online therapy company, serving over 2 million users looking to begin their wellness journey through tele-health. According to the World Health Organization, close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and on average more than 75% with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. Additionally, one-third of the worlds population 2 billion people live in countries that spend less than 1% of their health budgets on mental health. Therapy is a universal need and it's our mission here to change the world by cultivating an intentional space for people to feel supported through quality care that is simple and accessible.
Combining our passion for innovation along with our desire to help others overcome the stigma behind getting help, we are transforming the way patients find the right care provider, making an otherwise impossible feat easily conquerable. Our network of licensed, accredited, and board-certified clinicians are increasing access to mental health for our members through a myriad of high quality therapy services: anytime and for a fraction of the price.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work.
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA/ Commuter allowance
- 401k retirement savings program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits such as disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Equity offerings for Talkspace company stocks
- Wellness stipend along with discounts on gym memberships and other wellbeing products
- Flexible PTO / Remote Workspace Flexibility
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Regular team events, including [virtual] Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Free access to all Talkspace products
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you dont meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Talkspace - Online Therapy
AddressNew York, NY
EngineeringView all jobs at Talkspace - Online Therapy