The BAS Analyst is responsible for assessment and analysis of building control system data from various client sites to ensure that it is suitable for use in BAS analysis applications. They will be responsible for organizing the data from multiple BAS systems (Johnson Controls, Siemens, Tridium, Automated Logic and Trane etc).
The BAS Analyst will be responsible for editing BAS point information using online applications and spreadsheets to filter out any unnecessary points and organize the remaining building, equipment and point data so it can be imported and analyzed using online user interfaces.
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required since the analyst will initially be required to use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis. The BAS Analyst must also be capable of using other Microsoft Office applications for reporting, e-mails and presentations.
The BAS Analyst must be capable of reading and interpreting HVAC and related drawings and diagrams. They must be familiar with BAS user interfaces and be capable of accessing BAS systems to verify data is properly named and associated with the correct equipment in the analytics system.
After the initial data is loaded for each site, the BAS Analyst will be required to do end-to-end verification of the point data (BAS -> Analysis Application Interfaces).
The BAS Analyst will also be required to communicate with all levels of internal and external customer groups to complete multiple, concurrent project goals. The position requires initiative and independence in carrying out assignments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uses Online Applications and Microsoft Office Applications to analyze and organize point data.
· Uses Building Automation Systems, blueprints, control schematics, manuals, and other specifications to verify proper end-to-end mapping of BAS points into the Analytics System.
· At least 5 years’ experience installing or working directly with building control systems and the HVAC equipment they control.
· Experience programming modern building control systems (e.g. JCI, Siemens, Honeywell, ALC) and configuring field devices is a plus.
· Experience working at/with DoD customers and sites is a plus.
· Experience with IT systems and familiar with IT system terminology is a plus.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
· Knowledge of Building Automation / Control System User Interfaces and BAS Points.
· Familiarity with modern BAS communications protocols (BacNET, BacNET/IP, Modbus, Modbus/IP, OPC…) is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to manage change and achieve good results.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask successfully.
- B.S. or Equivalent
- Full-Time/Contract/Right to Hire
- Information Technology and Services