Sr Cloud Architect
Talis Consulting Group Auburn, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently hiring a Cloud Architect for a Risk Management Company that has been recognized for 9 years in a row as one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to work for. Reporting to the CIO, this is a great opportunity with one of the region's most respected organizations. With assets over 500 million, our client is large enough to have financial flexibility, yet small enough to respond to their customers' needs with refreshing speed and agility. This is full-time position with strong comp and great benefits.
The Cloud Architect will provide high-quality leadership that creates engagement, empowerment, trust, and ensures successful Cloud adoption. In this role, you will serve as the in-house subject matter expert for AWS and Cloud solutions, guiding the decision-making process related to specific products/solutions.
- Lead our efforts to apply infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the Cloud, and implementation of AWS within a regulated enterprise environment
- Collaboratively design, socialize, and implement our cloud strategy which includes guiding research and analysis, decision making, and alignment with our business objectives
- Recommend and participate in governance practices of the IT organization as they relate to Cloud implementation
- Lead design of Cloud environments and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development of Cloud infrastructures running in 24x7 environments
- Lead formulation of Disaster Recovery plans
- Lead continuous research of product and solution options
- Foster an environment of cooperation, bringing the expertise of many to bear on Cloud related issues and solutions
- Model transparent and open communication
- Serve as the liaison between AWS Account Team and other internal technical groups and across departments
- Collaborates across the entire organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Training and Development
- Nurture AWS product and Cloud computing expertise internally to drive Cloud adoption through education, training, and other methods
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and JOB-RELATED SKILLS
- 12+ years of overall technology experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Certified AWS DevOps Professional
- 7+ years of Experience in a variety of database technologies (relational and non-relational)
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of software languages
- 5+ years of experience with Windows & Linux operating systems
- 4+ years of cloud experience
- 5+ years of experience with analytics and log management
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture practices and application of them
- Strong knowledge of a broad range of application architecture approaches
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tooling
- Experience of deploying Infrastructure as Code
- Highly desired: Experience in Solution Architecture.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development
Database Administration / Engineering
BI / Data Warehousing
Quality Assurance / STE /SDE
Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration
Systems Engineering / Administration
Desktop Support/ Support Analysts
CXO / Director Level Management
Talis Consulting GroupWhy Work Here?
This position has huge upside! Special consideration will be given to candidates with the trajectory to take this opportunity to a new level
Talis Consulting Group is a highly respected full service contract and permanent placement firm based in Redmond, Washington. With a powerful referral network in conjunction with our time-tested consultative approach, we offer a full range of recruiting services, within the following specialty areas: Applications Development Project/Program Management Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development Web Development/Design Database Administration / Engineering BI / Data Warehousing Quality Assurance / STE /SDE Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration Systems Engineering / Administration Network Security Desktop Support/ Support Analysts Graphic Designers CXO / Director Level Management
TechnologyView all jobs at Talis Consulting Group