Software Development Manager
Talis Consulting Group Renton, WA
- Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join a highly successful privately held third-party administrator of FSA plans that has been serving customers since 1989. We have grown from humble beginnings to being considered one of the premier administrators in the Western region with a national reach of clients from coast to coast. Over time, even with our increase in service offerings and overall growth, we have maintained the qualities and principles that the company was founded on, respect, communication, and treating clients and participants like family. We have experienced 3X growth in the US. over the last three years and we are excited to add a Software Development Manager to our local area team
LEAD DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Manage and guide the modernization of legacy products as well as the creation of new products.
- Coordinate with internal as well as external stakeholders to help gather requirements, create user stories, and prioritize development efforts.
- Help to architect systems in a forward-looking, scalable manner. Keep an eye on opportunities for process improvement.
- Work with and supervise a small, high-performing development team that handles many products using Agile (Scrum) methodology.
HELP GET PROTECTS OUT THE DOOR
- Align with and advise on product roadmaps, budget, and requirements; set development goals to match those roadmaps.
- Report out on project status on regular and as-needed basis.
- Identify roadblocks, timeline disruptions, and technical debt.
- Communicate frequently with technical team and business stakeholders.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Supervision of Seattle area development team. All staff are currently 100% remote. Will go hybrid post COVID
- Monthly metrics and weekly 1:1 meetings
- Work closely with department Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5–7 years’ experience managing development projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and coordinate closely with development team and business stakeholders.
- C# 5 + years’ experience
- Web API
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Microsoft SQL programming (data schema design, stored procedures, triggers, queries)
- Relational database design (table design, queries)
- Experience developing Web Services (REST w/ JSON, Oauth) and working with related standards.
- Experience with JIRA or other issue/bug tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with financial, accounting, or insurance related systems - nice to have but not required.
- Experience in healthcare - nice to have but not required.
Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development
Database Administration / Engineering
BI / Data Warehousing
Quality Assurance / STE /SDE
Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration
Systems Engineering / Administration
Desktop Support/ Support Analysts
CXO / Director Level Management
Talis Consulting GroupWhy Work Here?
This position has huge upside! Special consideration will be given to candidates with the trajectory to take this opportunity to a new level
Talis Consulting Group is a highly respected full service contract and permanent placement firm based in Redmond, Washington. With a powerful referral network in conjunction with our time-tested consultative approach, we offer a full range of recruiting services, within the following specialty areas: Applications Development Project/Program Management Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development Web Development/Design Database Administration / Engineering BI / Data Warehousing Quality Assurance / STE /SDE Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration Systems Engineering / Administration Network Security Desktop Support/ Support Analysts Graphic Designers CXO / Director Level Management
TechnologyView all jobs at Talis Consulting Group