We are currently recruiting a full-time Software Development Manager for a local area leading provider of data analysis services that serve the Insurance Industry. Our client helps insurance companies work smarter by providing unbiased, accurate data and information to evaluate risk.
LEAD ALL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Manage and guide the modernization of legacy products as well as the creation of new products. Most work will focus on SQL databases, web apps, and GIS app development alongside our GIS team.
- Understand and decipher several interconnected systems with multiple dependencies and complex business logic to help the development team eliminate complexity and technical debt.
- Coordinate with internal as well as external stakeholders to help gather requirements, create user stories, and prioritize development efforts.
- Help to architect systems in a forward-looking, scalable manner. Keep an eye on opportunities for process improvement.
- Facilitate and advise on migrating systems to cloud (Azure) where appropriate.
- Establish standards and best practices for deployment, automatic testing and QA, change management, documentation, etc.
- Work with and supervise a small, high-performing development team that handles many products using Agile (Scrum) methodology.
HELP GET PROTECTS OUT THE DOOR
- Align with and advise on product roadmaps, budget, and requirements; set development goals to match those roadmaps.
- Report out on project status on regular and as-needed basis.
- Identify roadblocks, timeline disruptions, and technical debt.
- Communicate frequently with technical team and business stakeholders.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Supervision of Seattle area development team. All staff are currently telecommuting.
- Monthly metrics and 1:1 meetings
- Work closely with department Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5–7 years’ experience managing development projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and coordinate closely with development team and business stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Office 365)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Agile project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience as a full-stack developer with MS core technologies
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems – nice to have but not required
Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development
Database Administration / Engineering
BI / Data Warehousing
Quality Assurance / STE /SDE
Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration
Systems Engineering / Administration
Desktop Support/ Support Analysts
CXO / Director Level Management
Talis Consulting Group
Why Work Here?Talis Consulting Group is a highly respected full service contract and permanent placement firm based in Redmond, Washington. With a powerful referral network in conjunction with our time-tested consultative approach, we offer a full range of recruiting services, within the following specialty areas: Applications Development Project/Program Management Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development Web Development/Design Database Administration / Engineering BI / Data Warehousing Quality Assurance / STE /SDE Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration Systems Engineering / Administration Network Security Desktop Support/ Support Analysts Graphic Designers CXO / Director Level Management
This position has huge upside! Special consideration will be given to candidates with the trajectory to take this opportunity to a new level