Come join a a recently acquired enterprise SaaS Network Security startup that approaches, tracks and dismantles attacks in way that has never been done before. After 6X growth in sales in the last 12 months and reaching profitability inside their series A, they were acquired by a 400M leading network traffic visibility provider.
We are looking for a Senior Sensor Engineer to work on our deep packet inspection stack. Our sensors are an appliance that customers deploy on their networks. They are responsible to processing traffic in real-time on networks upwards of 10Gb/s.
The appliance analyzes traffic and uploads relevant information to our centralized service and data tiers. We are looking for someone to help us with optimizing our DPI stack for performance and throughput, adding new capabilities in terms of packet analysis and file analysis as well as to help us further improve our sensor deployment and provisioning automation.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale systems and working with high throughput packet-capture and analysis code, then we are the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Work independently and be self-directed.
- Design and deliver performant packet capture and analysis code.
- Design and deliver performant file analysis code.
- Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot core sensor platform issues.
- Exceptional documentation and thorough QA.
- Work across team to solve technical roadblocks for our customers.
- Be humble and willing to learn.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of C / C++ experience.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented programming and concepts.
- Experience in developing high performance native code solutions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Linux operating system concepts and networking is a plus.
- Experience with networking software (routers, firewalls, pcap, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining systems is a plus.
● Vibrant atmosphere 80+ employees and growing
● Great Culture! less than 10% attrition in Eng.. in the last 3.5 years
Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development
Database Administration / Engineering
BI / Data Warehousing
Quality Assurance / STE /SDE
Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration
Systems Engineering / Administration
Desktop Support/ Support Analysts
CXO / Director Level Management
Talis Consulting Group
Why Work Here?Talis Consulting Group is a highly respected full service contract and permanent placement firm based in Redmond, Washington. With a powerful referral network in conjunction with our time-tested consultative approach, we offer a full range of recruiting services, within the following specialty areas: Applications Development Project/Program Management Product Marketing Business Analysis Software Development Web Development/Design Database Administration / Engineering BI / Data Warehousing Quality Assurance / STE /SDE Technical Writing, Network Engineering / Administration Systems Engineering / Administration Network Security Desktop Support/ Support Analysts Graphic Designers CXO / Director Level Management
This position has huge upside! Special consideration will be given to candidates with the trajectory to take this opportunity to a new level