Come join a recently acquired enterprise SaaS network security startup that approaches, tracks and dismantles attacks in way that has never been done before. After 6X growth in sales in the last 12 months and reaching profitability inside their series A, they were acquired by a 400M leading network traffic visibility provider.
- Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers.
- Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale.
- Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for API/Backend Developers to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behavior analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as some proprietary systems.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale system, working with large data sets and protecting public and private organizations from today's ever increasing cyber threats, then we might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Independently design, build, test and deploy highly scalable multi-tiered end-to-end web services.
- Engineer solutions to maintain high SLAs in a rapidly evolving production environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot new and existing services.
- Exceptional documentation and testing of services.
- Vibrant start-up atmosphere 45+ employees and growing
- Great Culture! less than 10% attrition in Engineering in the last 2.5 years
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Competitive pay and benefits, 100% paid healthcare for employees and dependents
- We put great emphasis building well tested and stable solutions
- 8 or more years of professional software engineering experience.
- 5 or years of Java and Java web-services experience.
- Experience working with SOA, SAAS, and REST/OAuth/JSON architectures and services.
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable web services.
- Experience in developing extensible APIs and highly maintainable services.
- Experience in deploying, monitoring and maintaining services and systems.