Healthcare IT Security
- Posted: over a month ago
- $47 to $59 Hourly
At Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, Our mission is to be the top interdisciplinary team providing comprehensive health and wellness care for the kids in our neighborhood. We provide children with treatment ranging from in-patient medical and mental health emergency services to outpatient therapy, all while maintaining the highest standards of care in the field.
Our Chesapeake, VA, facility is in need of a Full-Time Healthcare IT Security CISSP or GIAC certified individual. In this role, you will work under the general supervision of the IS Manager to develop and maintain a comprehensive program to protect the accessibility, privacy, and accuracy of all the health systems information resources. Candidates should have in-depth knowledge of healthcare IT security or any other industry with IT Security-related work experience, and a natural curiosity that will foster lifelong learning.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support the enterprise firewall and security applications as well as the systems intrusion detection and preventive mechanism.
- Analyze problematic behavior and activity implications for proper resolution.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices to ensure the effectiveness of security solutions.
- Regular audits of security and system analyses.
- Plan and manage assigned activities to ensure that objectives and schedules are met.
- Provide technical support on call when necessary.
- Retain knowledge of projects and best practices relating to IT security.
- Complete additional tasks as requested.
Successful Candidates Must Have:
- Information Security Related Certification - CISSP, or GIAC is preferred. CISCO or Microsoft certification will be considered.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Networking, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or any closely related/equivalent field.
- 4+ years of professional experience.
- Experience in implementing IDS, Host Side Intrusion Detection, Firewall Configuration, Email Encryption, and PHI Filtering as well as Anti-Spam / Virus and content filtering.
- A valid Virginia drivers license and the ability to meet the insurance requirements of the hospital.
What we Offer:
- $47.44 - $59.30 hourly rate (DOE)
- All standard benefits
- Relocation package of up to $7.5k
TechnologyView all jobs at Talentuition, LLC