Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist - Disease Modeling
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist - Disease Modeling and Cellular Engineering
South San Francisco, CA
Direct Hire (100-120k)
The Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist in Disease Modeling and Cellular Engineering will play a crucial role in the development and execution of novel cellular protocols and in vivo disease modeling efforts within the Therapeutic Team. This position involves performing cell line engineering, establishing scalable cellular and in vivo disease models, and providing technical expertise and training to research staff. The successful candidate will collaborate across functions to support drug validation and contribute to assay strategy development, experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation.
· Cell Line Engineering: Employ advanced techniques, including CRISPR, to engineer and optimize cell lines for disease modeling and therapeutic evaluation.
· In Vitro and In Vivo Experiments: Design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments to model disease and evaluate therapeutic interventions. Utilize a wide range of techniques and assays such as FACS, flow cytometry, ELISA, RT-qPCR, and ddPCR.
· Assay Strategy Development: Support the development of innovative assay strategies by collaborating with cross-functional teams. Contribute to experimental design, troubleshooting, and data interpretation.
· SOP and ELN Development: Develop, author, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs) to ensure accurate documentation of protocols, experimental results, and analyses.
· iPSC Culturing and Differentiation: Provide support for the culturing and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) as required for disease modeling and therapeutic evaluation.
· Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with over 5 years of experience, or Master's degree in a related discipline with over 3 years of experience in academic research or the biotech, biopharma, or pharmaceutical industry.
Technical Requirements and Skills:
The successful candidate should possess proficiency in any of the following areas:
· In-depth research experience in cell and molecular biology, including assay development.
· Strong skills in cell line engineering, utilizing techniques such as CRISPR.
· Proficiency in molecular biology techniques, such as DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, and qPCR.
· Familiarity with molecular cloning, gene engineering, and seamless cloning.
· Technical experience in primary cell culture, immortalized cell line culture, and stem cell culture.
· Experience in both 2D and 3D (organoid) cell culture and assay development.
· Expertise in characterizing cellular phenotypes using multi-color flow cytometry, transcriptomics, or high-content imaging.
· Knowledge of lab automation for cell-based screening assays and sample preparation.
The salary range for this position is estimated to be $100,000 USD to $120,000 USD annually.
Talentry, LLCSouth San Francisco, CA
ScienceView All Talentry, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.