Sr. (MSA) Software Engineer
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
Dayton, OH; Hybrid Senior (MSA) Software Engineer Direct Hire
Our client, an Aerospace Engineering Company that supports all branches of the military and government sectors, is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) experience. As a member of their team, you would be leading development of sensor exploitation simulation and analysis, directly supporting the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) mission with bleeding-edge sensor research. You will also be joining a growing team of engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts in Dayton, OH, truly dedicated to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our Airmen.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of developers to create software that meets customer specifications.
- Capture requirements, design, develop and deliver software to extend AF simulator capabilities and support sensor simulator efforts.
- Apply software development and testing best practices.
- Use an agile development process.
- Collaborate with mixed contractor and government teams.
- Help provide documentation, integration, and training support to users.
- Support a study team to answer key analysis questions on new and existing technologies.
- Coordinate with MS&A team members to contribute to execution of analysis of studies, analyze results, and prepare and present study findings.
- Some intermittent short-term travel may be required.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- At least a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field with at least 12 years of experience; or a MS degree in a related field with at least 10 years of experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: active Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. DoD security clearance.
- Experience with designing and implementing software architectures for small to medium-sized applications.
- Experience with C++ and Python development.
- Experience with MS&A frameworks.
- Comfortable with version control software (Git) and software management tools (Jira, Gitlab, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.).
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven design.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to work well in team environments.
- Experience leading teams to accomplish objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using AFSIM to conduct scenario driven analysis including design of experiment implementation.
- Experience developing plug-ins for applications with particular emphasis on AFSIM or other MS&A environments.
- Experience with other mainstream programming languages, such as Java and C#.
- Experience with low-level communications protocols and the ability to interface simulations with other applications using defined interfaces.
- Some experience with operating Linux and installing/configuring software to operate on a Linux system.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.