Copyeditor and Proofreader
- $26 Hourly
Media giant is seeking an Indexer/Copyeditor. This is a contract role going until March 2024
COPYEDITING WITH SEO AND INDEXING IS A MUST.
The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all products. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor may need to research, edit, rewrite, or occasionally create descriptions for products. This job will requiere research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions.
· BA/BS or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
· Editorial experience preparing online content
· Proofreading experience; copyediting experience a plus
· Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
· An avid consumer of online media, including books (audio and print), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
· A confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills.
· Minimum one year professional proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking experience in publishing
· Minimum one year experience in Web-based publishing environment
· Familiarity with social media and Web-based research tools (e.g., Google, Goodreads)
· Basic familiarity with SEO concepts
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $26.00 per hour
Great work culture!
Talenthub WorkforceNew York, NY
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Copyeditor and Proofreader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.