Special Billing Analyst - 16460
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Special Billing Analyst - TalentZok
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting company?! Then we have got the right team for you! In this role, you are responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Special Billing Analyst in Washington, DC who possesses:
- 3-5 years of billing or other relevant experience required, preferably in a law firm or other large professional services organization.
- Strong background in understanding rates and other alternative fee arrangements, including but not limited to contingent fees, holdbacks, fixed/capped fees, blended rates, volume discounts, and other specialized pricing agreements.
- Prior experience with Aderant, Elite, or similar financial system is preferred
Email your resumes to email@example.com or call 469.895.5515
FULL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the daily operations of reviewing new client and matter intake forms, engagement letters and any applicable outside counsel guidelines for set up and implementation in the firm's billing system. This position will work in coordination with the rates and e-billing teams to ensure full compliance and configuration of the client and matter data for invoice processing.
The selected candidate will further possess:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, in accounting or other financial area.
- Knowledge and familiarity reviewing and documenting outside counsel guidelines and other special client contracts.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Outlook and Word, with strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must have proficiency in typing and spelling.
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Able to provide excellent customer service and to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Keen attention to details; strong organizational, interpersonal, proofing and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Able to work under pressure and within deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Strong team and service orientation; able to adapt easily to change.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviews new business intake forms and documentation, including any engagement letters and other supporting material for set up and maintenance of the billing system in accordance with the terms of engagement. This includes addresses, rate levels, time increments, phase task activity code sets, and other crucial billing information.
- Communicate and clarify with attorneys regarding any discrepancy in client set up materials or advise and follow up on arrangements requiring additional approvals, including management and the firm's Billing Rate Committee approval.
- Reviews all client outside guidelines, confirming terms are set and being administered appropriately by the billing system.
- Escalates and affirms sign off by the responsible partners, the General Counsel and firm's Chief Information Security Officer, any terms which run contra to firm policies or create business risk issues for the firm.
- Maintain clear and summarized notes within the billing system of all client and matter set ups.
- Assists attorneys and professional assistants with understanding client arrangements and respond to inquiries or provide assistance when staff are completing new business forms as needed.
- Consult and coordinate with the firm's conflicts and new business team on special handling of new client and matter requests, including the review and analysis of former clients for reactivation.
- Set up and maintain appropriate disbursement controls in the system based on client's expense terms.
- Assists Rates Analysts with annual client review, ensuring client updates are completed to specifications and guidelines, and timekeepers are updated and cleared for billing.
- Supports Billing Manager in the coordination and set up of secondment and other firm matters as directed and approved by Talent Management or firm leadership.
- Participates in and collaborates with Business Systems team to evaluate processes and software for intake and client data, as well as determining best practices and efficiencies for the handling of special billing arrangements.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469.895.5515
More information can be found at www.TalentZok.com
THE INSIDER'S NETWORK When you register with us, we plug you into an existing network of companies that don’t always post to job boards. You will have access to unique opportunities throughout the greater Los Angeles area - opportunities you won’t find on your own.
THANK YOU FOR CALLING We’ve picked up that old book on customer service, dusted it off, and put it back into practice. How many times have you left a message and never heard back? How many recruiting firms have you sent your resume to who haven’t called you back promptly? At TalentZök, customer service is our priority. We return calls promptly. We don’t let you fall through the cracks. It sounds so simple yet so few know how to do it right.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A FIRM HANDSHAKE There is no substitute for meeting someone in person. It is the only way to really understand people. We interview all of our candidates in person before they interview at our client companies to ensure the best possible fit. We also visit companies in person, meet the people involved in the decision, get a feel for the company culture and get a thorough understanding of the job. We won’t waste your time because we’re committed to understanding exactly what it is you’re looking for.
TalentZokWhy Work Here?
TalentZok is an exciting team-driven organization focused on substantial growth by hiring people committed to teamwork and our process.
Finance and Insurance