Quality Assurance Technician (2nd shift)- TalentZok
Immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Technician (2nd shift) in San Marcos, CA who possesses:
- 2-5+ years' QA Technician experience
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
Email resumes to sdinfo@TalentZok.com or call 858.800.3050
The Quality Assurance Technician’s primary role is to verify product against a standard in order to determine conformity. This person will perform many verification tests to verify various items according to established work instructions and procedures. This includes working in an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 compliant environment. The ability to work independently and in a team is required.
Candidates will further possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing quality lab environment.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to use a PC at an intermediate level.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to communicate in English (i.e. read write, speak, and understand).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentage).
- Familiarity with English and Metric measurement systems.
- Beginning experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with database systems such as JD Edwards and/or AS400.
- Previous experience working directly as a Quality Technician (as opposed to working with the quality department).
- Experience working in the automobile, plastic, and/or heat-shrinkable tubing industry.
- Knowledge of the most current revision of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, or equivalent QMS’s.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure product quality by conducting receiving and in-process inspections.
- Evaluate finished product.
- Create detailed reports of findings.
- Performing various physical and/or chemical tests on products to determine acceptability.
- Evaluating parts against drawings.
- Data collection, classification entry, and analysis.
- Controlling non-conforming product and material.
- Manage and perform 100% inspections.
- Support Quality, Engineering and Product Management by performing various test and inspections on R&D, product comparison, PPAP’s and similar projects.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Ability to work in an ISO 9001, IATF 16949 environment.
Special Position Requirements
- Must be able to support being in a laboratory environment that uses chemicals for testing and creates exposure to distinct odors.
- This position operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, and Hearing protection.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to ben, twist and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to sdinfo@TalentZok.com or call 858.800.3050
More information can be found at www.TalentZok.com