Production Assistant Lead - TalentZok
Are you looking for a new career opportunity with an exciting company?! Then we’ve got the right team for you! In this role, you’re responsible for the duties listed below.
Immediate opening for a Production Assistant Lead in a fast-paced machine shop facility in Huntington Beach, CA who possesses:
- Must be able to Pass the Math and Measurement test
- Lead/Supervisory experience
- Strong Machine experience - repair, tear down and set up
- MUST be reliable and dedicated
Email resumes to email@example.com and call 424.488.7106
The Production Assistant Lead assists the Production Manager/Supervisor in directing the activities of Production Assistants. Activities include but are not limited to training and supervising, maintaining a positive work environment, ensuring compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures.
The lead is also expected to perform all the responsibilities of a Production Assistant such as: machine set-up and operation including, but not limited to set-up, tear down, repair, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting.
The selected candidate will further possess:
- Minimum Three to Five years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of production practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates · Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong ability to measure and understand how to make measurements using the imperial (inches and feet) and metric (mm and cm) systems.
- Ability to use and understand fractional and decimal equivalents of the imperial measurement system
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a working knowledge of machine equipment, experience with a pouch machine is not require
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supervises all production assistant related activities performed by employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift
- Monitors and reports daily production issues, successes, material usages, waste and downtime
- Reports equipment problems to the appropriate department and production manager
- Coordinates with quality control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measure to resolve machine related deficiencies
- Trains, motivates and coaches production assistant staff
- Inspects for proper cleaning of equipment and cleanroom; assigns cleaning tasks to PAs as required
- Resolves machine related issues with other departments throughout the company
- Maintains a working knowledge of machines
- Converting Machine Set-up – Operation, installation and removal of tools, blades, hole punchers, and rolls of material
- Converting Machine Computer Operation – Setting pre-defined machine parameters such as temperature, dwell, and pressure
- Trouble Shooting Machine Problems – responding to alarms, analyzing problems, and making the necessary corrections
- Preventive Maintenance
- Daily cleaning and routine maintenance to ensure the machine is properly functioning
- Use of Travelers and Shop Floor System
- Required use of job travelers and computer-based shop floor systems
- Read Drawings and Specifications
- Plans machine set-ups by reviewing and interpreting specifications, drawings, machine parameters, locations of notches; interpreting dimensions and tolerances
- Safety – Required to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area while adhering to all quality practices, standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Performs other duties, as assigned by management
- The Production Assistant Lead will report to the Production Manager/ Supervisor.
- Indirectly supervises 1-5 employees within the Production Department
- Responsibilities include training employees, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; input on break and lunch schedules
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 424.488.7106
More information can be found at www.talentzok.com