Responsibilities of the INVENTORY BUYER / PLANNER include:
· Procure, track and manage goods to meet planned and actual demand, by owning all supplier relationships and supplier management activities.
· Place orders to support the forecast to optimize both product availability and turnover with attention to lead times, MOQs and container fill.
· Ensure the database contains current, accurate supplier information, contract, purchase order and purchasing-related item data.
· Plan and execute supply chain plans to meet inventory replenishment requirements, safety stock levels and optimal inventory velocity such as turns, in-stock rates, fill rates, delivery rates, etc.
· Setup and maintain reorder points and ERP inputs/outputs and MRP drivers.
· Monitor new developments, product life cycle trends, and analysis on product portfolio performance
· Work directly with supply chain leadership on cost reduction projects and other assigned projects
· Work cross functionality with sales to develop supply plans based on demand planning requirements.
· Responsible for ensuring timely delivery to customers by managing inventory levels in 3PL partners’ distribution network.
To be considered for the INVENTORY BUYER / PLANNER position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
· 2-5 years’ experience in procurement/replenishment in a wholesale, retail or e-comm environment preferably with international suppliers
· College Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or Accounting Preferred
· Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Purchasing (CPM), highly desirable
· Proven computer skills — database, spreadsheet, written communication including electronic communications: (ERP, MS Office, particularly Excel and Word)
o Experience with NetSuite ERP preferred
· Strong analytical, decision-making, problem solving skills required with the ability to interpret system data and reports to meet demand
· Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
· Effective, written and verbal communication skills required.
· Capable of building strong partnerships with stakeholders, and desire to grow career with a rapidly
Why Work Here?In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re on a mission to change that! TalentStream specializes in helping organizations source top talent in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain space. We provide talent on a Direct Hire and Contract-to-Hire basis.
TalentStream specializes in helping companies find top talent in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain space.