- May 20, 2023
About Our Client:
Our client provides a wide range of industry-leading information technology services to the federal government and Tier 1 systems integrators. We develop, deploy, and sustain innovative and comprehensive information technology solutions that deliver measurable performance results for our clients. A nationally-recognized leader in providing expert, cleared information technology consultant talent to our clients and industry partners, this organization provides the responsiveness and flexibility to quickly and effectively adapt to changing program requirements.
Location: Melbourne, FL Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Required
The United States Department of State, Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, Office of Aviation (INL/A) provides aviation support for the eradication and interdiction of illicit drugs, training of contractor and host nation personnel, movement of personnel and equipment, reconnaissance, personnel recovery (PR), medical evacuation, security of personnel and equipment, and ferrying of aircraft. The Department requires program support services to support operational missions performed by various third-party contractor personnel.
The Contractor under this Information Technology Services (ITS) contract shall provide Information Management (IM) support, an enterprise-wide, web-based reporting system, and full life cycle management of information systems to include unclassified communications, data processing, and computer systems.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for building, deploying, documenting, and administering secure Windows 2016, 2012, 2008 and Linux Virtual Servers in a global production environment governed by Department of State standards. Analyzes business needs; this role utilizes their expertise for designing, implementing and testing a complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
The Systems Engineer will produce a road map, engineer and coordinate server configuration and management. Ensure server devices comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines. Responsible for the writing, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and technologies to ensure servers are running securely and efficiently for an optimal customer experience. Assist with data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Responsibilities include building, deploying, documenting, and administering secure Windows 2012/2016/2008/Linux virtual servers utilizing VMware ESXi systems.
- Perform VMware troubleshooting, installation, management and upgrades.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Active Directory to include user account management, computer objects, service accounts.
- Implement Department of State's compliance guidelines for client, servers & applications via Group Policy. Department of State's compliance guidelines for client, servers & applications via Group Policy.
- Maintain, manage and track monthly critical and security updates using SCCM along with third party vendor software, and apply them in a production environment with minimal server downtime.
- Track, manage, maintain and deploy monthly critical and security updates from Microsoft using SCCM.
- Track, manage, package, deploy and maintain third party applications using SCCM.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Task Sequences for Operating System Deployment (OSD) for automated Windows 10 deployment over PXE boot
- Provides administrative & technical support for the installation, configuration, and upgrades of BlackBerry UEM.
- Supports and implements IT policies and compliance guidelines for mobile devices via the BlackBerry UEM MDM.
- Engineer will coordinate testing, upgrades and confirmation of hardware and software changes.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot several different storage area network configurations (SAN). This includes ensuring that any virtual servers in the environment properly utilize storage.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, and servers.
- Ensures network changes and practices are performed in accordance with appropriate operating procedures by providing thorough documentation in accordance with DoS standards.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support secure IIS web access, terminal services access and terminal server printing solutions for an online software solution.
- Maintain and manage network services such as DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADDS, Antivirus, VM level encryption and assist in troubleshooting other network services as needed in conjunction with other teams.
- Documents system events to ensure continuous functionality of systems.
- Administrates and maintains backup and restore policies that meet contractual requirements using CommVault backup systems. Monitor daily backups, manage equipment in numerous locations, participate in projects to compliment new backup or storage technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical thoughts clearly with industry recognized language.
- Ability to train other team members on networking, cyber, and Windows desktop and server (GUI and core) management
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation - 2-3 times/year
- Maintain required certifications
- Maintain an understanding of how to properly utilize current features on all OS within the environment.
- Obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard platforms is desirable, including Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016, Windows 10 and virtual networking as well as Linux based systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365 and other Microsoft Cloud products.
- Candidate should have a strong grasp of Active Directory and the ability to develop network management goals for presentation to Senior Engineers.
- Candidate should possess strong customer relation skills for communicating with 3rd party vendor support during software installations or troubleshooting issues.
- Possess, or ability to attain and retain a Secret Clearance is a condition of continued employment.
- Experience with Linux, Windows Server, VMware, SAN Technologies, SCCM, CommVault, Blackberry, VxRail, and/or Cisco UCS.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent experience with server design and build-out of Servers and/or large scale infrastructure retrofit and remediation
- Ability to track, manage, install, and remove licenses. Interact with 3rd party vendors to manage license accounts.
- Experience working in service provider, data center/hosting environment or large scale enterprise networks
- Experience working with 3rd party server vendors with an understanding of the service/hardware/software portfolios they provide
- Diagnose issues through log analysis
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating server infrastructure, specifically in an Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Vmware VCP or similar related industry certification Preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA): Data Center
- Experience with Dell Compellent SAN or Dell Equallogix devices
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?