Sr. Manager, Government Affairs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a trade association representing the $422 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. They have more than 1400 members which range from large, global technology brands to small, innovative start-ups as well as numerous suppliers, partners, and vendors to the industry. Their members determine tech standards, shape the industry’s stance on policy issues, and work together to create a world that is better because of technology.
Their mission is to help innovators of all sizes grow their business. Technology is about changing peoples lives for the better. Its about ideas, large and small, that keep us connected, that help us move and that spark even bigger ideas. Join their community of innovators to shape the future of technology.
The Sr. Manager, Government Affairs is responsible for strategic oversight of lobbying initiatives related to technology and innovation issues. You will also assist the federal government affairs team on public policy issues affecting the consumer electronics industry.
- Identify, monitor, and influence federal legislation and regulations impacting the consumer technology industry.
- Lead federal policy engagement on technology and innovation issues, and other relevant priorities.
- Conduct research, write memoranda, articles, blog posts and position papers on issues.
- Represent association at events, including political fundraisers and industry meetings.
- Attend and report on Congressional hearings and other policy briefings.
- Management and organization of events, including, but not limit to, fundraisers, lobbying days, hill briefings, technology demonstrations and conferences.
- Collaborate with Communications, Membership, and Marketing team for policy items, recruitment of new members, and external events.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
- 5-7 years’ experience working on federal legislative or regulatory issues, Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with research and writing focused on policy, legislation, and regulatory issues.
Bachelors or Advanced degree in Political Science, International Affairs or related and relevant course of study.
- Strong knowledge of the political process.
- Must be a strong and compelling writer.
- Strong research and deductive skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills in public speaking, presentations, and written reports.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work reliably on complex projects with tight deadlines.
Must have flexibility to attend industry events in the early morning and evenings. Travel to annual conference and Hybrid work schedule.
Our client offers an incredible benefits package which include, but are not limited to Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, employee health and wellness program, public and alternative transportation benefits, 401(k) plan, tuition assistance program, flexible spending accounts, college savings plans and matching charitable contribution plans.
It is our client’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local employment discrimination laws. This commitment supports our policy of developing and utilizing the abilities of all our employees, as well as selecting and promoting those who are best qualified.
GovernmentView all jobs at TalentRemedy