Specialist, Member Programs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a trade association representing the $422 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. They have more than 1400 members which range from large, global technology brands to small, innovative start-ups as well as numerous suppliers, partners, and vendors to the industry. Their members determine tech standards, shape the industry’s stance on policy issues, and work together to create a world that is better because of technology.
Their mission is to help innovators of all sizes grow their business. Technology is about changing people's lives for the better. It's about ideas, large and small, that keep us connected, that help us move and that spark even bigger ideas. Join their community of innovators to shape the future of technology.
The Specialist, Member Programs will coordinate and execute projects for the membership department and act as a main contact for conference staff, the association and volunteer leaders at the division board, committee or working group level.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as main contact for Divisions and Division Boards/Councils and, as needed, for committees and working groups. Organize meetings, develop agendas, and create meeting materials. Provide facilitation, direction, clarification, and mediation during meetings.
- Act as an “industry advocate” to represent the needs and interests of Divisions and association members at the industry and market level as well as within the organization.
- Establish short- and long-term goals and develop strategic plans for the Divisions and Division Boards/Councils.
- Facilitate, direct, and coordinate interdepartmental initiatives and activities related to communication, promotion, marketing, conferences, trade shows, market and consumer research, government affairs and membership benefits.
- Manage Division Board elections process including timeline, marketing, and implementation of nominations.
- Actively recruit companies to join the association by identifying prospective members, promoting member benefits, and engaging decision makers.
- Manage strategic accounts to grow member participation, strengthen engagement and support retention efforts.
- Assist with operational activities for the Membership Department at trade shows.
- Assist in coordinating various departmental programs, projects, and activities. Respond to correspondence from internal and external customers providing exceptional customer service. Update and maintain the associate database, contact lists and files.
- Monitor the department inbox and/or coordinate with membership team staff to respond to customers.
- Other duties as required by business needs and assigned.
- 2-4 years of appropriate work experience including membership/service experience, and program management.
- Previous association, consumer tech industry, or sales and marketing experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred field.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and problem solver, who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp and analyze ideas and concepts.
- Must have good customer service skills; be service-oriented and be a team player.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Must be able to travel.
Budget and Staff:
- Develop and maintain annual operating budgets for Divisions and associated member groups typically in the order of $10K each.
- Exercise fiscal responsibility at conference staff and division board level for allocation of division and/or subdivision discretionary funds.
Our client offers an incredible benefits package which include, but are not limited to Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, employee health and wellness program, public and alternative transportation benefits, 401(k) plan, tuition assistance program, flexible spending accounts, college savings plans and matching charitable contribution plans.
It is our client’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local employment discrimination laws. This commitment supports our policy of developing and utilizing the abilities of all our employees, as well as selecting and promoting those who are best qualified.
Get fresh Trade Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.