Specialist, Member Programs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a trade association representing the $422 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. They have more than 1400 members which range from large, global technology brands to small, innovative start-ups as well as numerous suppliers, partners, and vendors to the industry. Their members determine tech standards, shape the industry’s stance on policy issues, and work together to create a world that is better because of technology.
Their mission is to help innovators of all sizes grow their business. Technology is about changing peoples lives for the better. Its about ideas, large and small, that keep us connected, that help us move and that spark even bigger ideas. Join their community of innovators to shape the future of technology.
The Specialist, Member Programs will act as a liaison for the association staff, volunteer leaders at the division board, committee or working group level, and members of assigned member groups. Contribute to the growth and retention of association members.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as the main contact and project lead for assigned membership member groups.
- Organize meetings, coordinate with leadership, develop agendas, and create meeting materials.
- Provide facilitation, direction, clarification, and mediation during meetings.
- Act as an “industry advocate” to represent the needs and interests of association members at the industry and market level as well as within the association. Identify and understand industry categories, including determining their needs, opportunities, emerging technologies, and marketplace trends.
- Develop internal and external consensus on issues with association staff.
- Actively recruit companies to join the association by identifying prospective members in key categories, promoting member benefits and engaging decision makers.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all association benefits and initiatives and communicate them effectively to educate prospects and members about joining and getting involved in association activities.
- Implement strategic goals set forth by management and volunteer leaders to promote the growth and success of the association and the industry.
- Establish short- and long-term goals and develop strategic plans for member groups that include timelines for the development and implementation of strategic programs, projects, and activities.
- Facilitate, direct, and coordinate interdepartmental initiatives and activities related to communication, promotion, marketing, conferences, market and consumer research, standards, and government affairs.
- Manage strategic accounts to grow member participation, strengthen engagement and support retention efforts.
- Support ongoing department projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as required by business needs and assigned by the department head.
- 3-5 years of appropriate work experience including membership/service experience, and program management.
- Previous association, technology industry, or sales and marketing experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Must be a strategic thinker and problem solver, who demonstrates the ability to grasp quickly and analyze ideas and concepts.
- Must have good human relations and customer service skills; be service-oriented and relate well to people at all levels of employment. Should be a team player with consensus building skills.
- Organized, pays attention to details and provides good follow-up.
- Possesses member conflict resolution/mediation and facilitation skills.
- Computer literate and willing to embrace and use new technology.
- Demonstrate capability to sell intangibles.
- Must be able to travel.
Budget & Staff
- Develop and maintain annual operating budgets for member groups typically in the order of $10K each. Exercise fiscal responsibility at association staff and division board level for allocation of division and subdivision discretionary funds.
Our client offers an incredible benefits package which includes, but are not limited to Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, employee health and wellness program, public and alternative transportation benefits, 401(k) plan, tuition assistance program, flexible spending accounts, college savings plans and matching charitable contribution plans.
It is our client’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local employment discrimination laws. This commitment supports our policy of developing and utilizing the abilities of all our employees, as well as selecting and promoting those who are best qualified.
BusinessView all jobs at TalentRemedy