- A four-year college degree in a relevant field of study is preferred.
- PHR certification is preferred.
Broad understanding of employment laws is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer service orientation to both internal and external customers.
- Sound judgment and excellent decision-making skills are required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and written.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, managers, executives, candidates, and the public.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Highly effective time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and follow through on projects.
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently as well as on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to discreetly handle highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to build effective relationships with team members.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information such as reports, job descriptions, business articles, organization, client communications, and so forth.
- Ability to remain adaptable and flexible.
- Intermediate computer skills working in MS Office and advanced ability to navigate within the various HR technology systems.
- Ability to learn and use web-based office applications for online collaboration, document/content management, and intranet management.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in an administrative support role is required.
- Experience supporting benefits, recruitment, or training functions is preferred.
- Experience working in a matrix reporting environment is preferred.
- Normal demands associated with a deadline-drive office environment.
- The noise level is generally quiet to moderate.
- Daily contact with external customers, vendors, colleagues, associates, supervisors, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- A high-level of confidentiality is required.