- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a growing company that values your skills, training, and ideas. Their culture is one that they strongly believe you are their greatest asset. They provide a path to keep growing your career and strive to foster an environment that's welcoming, diverse, respectful, and inclusive.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Coordinator to manage all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting (FAR, DCAA, SCA, etc.) budget and forecasts preparation, as well as maintenance and development of internal control policies and procedures. Accounting Coordinators responsibilities will include financial risk management. This role will report directly to the CFO.
- Support all accounting operations and including Payroll, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Support annual audits as necessary
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Update and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work closely with CFO to complete additional duties as necessary
- Ability to handle change
- Effective communication skills - both written and oral as well as upward and downward
- Detail oriented, inquisitive, and willing to work with CFO on special projects as needed while keeping day-to day operations running smoothly
- Proven working experience as a financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, minimum
- 3+ years of government contracting and DCAA experience, minimum
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Government DCAA accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- A valid CPA, CMA, or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package at minimal cost. The value add goes above and beyond standard best practices and encompasses the wellbeing and work life balance of their key assets: their employees.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. or any other characteristic protected by law.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Client Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.